GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R Pricing

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Why are dealers in the US not willing to deal much on a new R? The vast majority of them in Canada will give good deals off MSRP. My buddy got $3950 off his 18' when he ordered it. Just seems crazy to me. It's a great car but its still a damn golf.

In addition to the above comments, VWoA do not offer any incentives and dealers do not get a lot of vehicles for their inventory.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
So you factory ordered a 2019 R and out of all those new colors, chose regular white?

Have you seen Oryx White Pearl in real life? It is a magnificent color, and is certainly not “regular,” like the Pure White on GTIs. And doesn’t cost extra, like all the new crazy colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subito

Ready to race!
So you factory ordered a 2019 R and out of all those new colors, chose regular white?

His choice makes sense to me; Oryx White is richer looking than Pure White...and it’s free. $2500 for one of those custom colors is a bit much, at least to a cheapskate like me. :D

Edit: GolfWang beat me to it!

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Why are dealers in the US not willing to deal much on a new R? The vast majority of them in Canada will give good deals off MSRP. My buddy got $3950 off his 18' when he ordered it. Just seems crazy to me. It's a great car but its still a damn golf.

My local dealership had 2 6MT abd a DSG R. They went under invoice on my '18 back in late July.

As of a few weeks ago, they still had the white 6MT, but my sales guy said VW didn't have anything on the table to help move the car. Said that they couldn't even get close to where they were for me. IDK. I think in late summer 18, there was an abundance of manuals still left. Most the east coast dealers were quoting under MSRP online.

wantone

Ready to race!
His choice makes sense to me; Oryx White is richer looking than Pure White...and it’s free. $2500 for one of those custom colors is a bit much, at least to a cheapskate like me. :D

Edit: GolfWang beat me to it!

No one buying a new Golf R is a cheapskate.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Buy a 2018 if you're not getting a spectrum car

2018s dont come with black Pretorias and most 2018s in dealer inventories are manuals. Even otherwise why would anyone buy a vehicle which sat at a dealer for almost a year when the buyer has the option of waiting for vehicle right from the factory.

DukeGaGa

To answer the question on the color choice, one reason is I checked all spectrum colors I potentially would like on a car, and none of them really gives me the feel "yeah, that's it", other reasons as others have mentioned above $2500 is a bit too much to get a not that fancy paint job, I can get a complete xpel ultimate wrap with that money. Also, white is cooler in summer. :D And I've considered getting a 2018, but can't find any with a DSG that's remotely close to me, closest one was over 1600 miles away...

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
To answer the question on the color choice, one reason is I checked all spectrum colors I potentially would like on a car, and none of them really gives me the feel "yeah, that's it", other reasons as others have mentioned above $2500 is a bit too much to get a not that fancy paint job, I can get a complete xpel ultimate wrap with that money. Also, white is cooler in summer. :D And I've considered getting a 2018, but can't find any with a DSG that's remotely close to me, closest one was over 1600 miles away...

Lmao? $2500 to have a unique color that can't be easily replicatd by a $3000 vinyl wrap is a good deal imo. especially when Audi is $3600, & Porsche is $12,000.

Just a FYI a full xpel wrap on the R is around $7400, a custom cut with fully wrapped edges is around $9000.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
2018s dont come with black Pretorias and most 2018s in dealer inventories are manuals. Even otherwise why would anyone buy a vehicle which sat at a dealer for almost a year when the buyer has the option of waiting for vehicle right from the factory.

Aren't the black Pretorias like a $250 option? I wonder how many dealers are going to order one of the 'standard' color Rs and opt the black Prets. IDK that I would order a car just for wheels......

DukeGaGa

Lmao? $2500 to have a unique color that can't be easily replicatd by a $3000 vinyl wrap is a good deal imo. especially when Audi is $3600, & Porsche is $12,000.

Just a FYI a full xpel wrap on the R is around $7400, a custom cut with fully wrapped edges is around $9000.

Hmm, I don't know who's quoting you on xpel wraps but your numbers are way different from what I get, my Mustang was quoted somewhere around $3500, and it's way larger than the Golf R, my Miata was quoted around $2500 or maybe $3000 (can't remember exactly was 3 years ago). But still, don't know about the $7400 or even the $9000. Also, a unique color means nothing if it doesn't look good.