GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R Integrated Engineering Stage 2 Review

Devolution

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf R
As the title states I own a 2019 MK7.5 Golf R MT.

Mods
IE CAI
IE Inlet
IE Muffler Delete
IE HF Catted DP
IE Intercooler
Res Delete
+Few other brake/suspension/stiffness/mount mods

Reported HP/TQ:
425hp; 460ft-tq (on 91 octane)

Issues:
None! Never a check engine light, even under hard acceleration and spirited driving. No inconsistent throttle response or weird noises. So far the tune has been great and I use this as a daily too.

Average Daily Fuel economy:
Stock 7L/100km (~34mpg)
Stage 2 9L/100km (~26mpg)

Integrated Engineering customer support was VERY quick to respond (within a few hours usually), thorough and professional. I had sent a video in asking about the flutter. No issues otherwise.

Verdict:
Great tune by IE, would recommend.

Last edited:

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Nice write up, thanks. That seems like an enormous drop in mpg or L/100km for those mods and hp/torque although maybe not?

Could it be that you are driving it much more agressively after the tune, or are those apples to apples mpg figures?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
425 is a hefty number for those mods! Makes me itch for a tune. Hard to stick with the JB4 with those figures

Devolution

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf R
Nice write up, thanks. That seems like an enormous drop in mpg or L/100km for those mods and hp/torque although maybe not?

Could it be that you are driving it much more agressively after the tune, or are those apples to apples mpg figures?
Apples to apples. Mixing highway/city/spirited driving/grandma driving overall. I can get better fuel economy when I go full on grandma driving mode and save an extra litre/100km on both stock and tune. Overall the tune does burn more fuel but tbh for the power it’s actually still very respectable IMO.

Devolution

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf R
425 is a hefty number for those mods! Makes me itch for a tune. Hard to stick with the JB4 with those figures
I was considering the JB4, went with stage 1 instead. What a difference! And the jump from stage 1 to stage 2 was yet another very noticeable difference.

Also, don’t forget more turbo noises from all that extra boost 👌yummy

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Average Daily Fuel economy:
Stock 7L/100km (~34mpg)
Stage 2 9L/100km (~26mpg)

Apples to apples. Mixing highway/city/spirited driving/grandma driving overall. I can get better fuel economy when I go full on grandma driving mode and save an extra litre/100km on both stock and tune. Overall the tune does burn more fuel but tbh for the power it’s actually still very respectable IMO.
What are your daily commutes really like? I only get 26mpg or more if I travel long distances, never around town - more like 15mpg but I live in a city where everything is pretty close to my house and I don't have to travel more than 5 miles at a time. Certainly not 34mpg, even on California's I-5 if I fill up before I go and drive until it's time to get a fresh tank (driving at about 70MPH.) My last trip up north a couple months ago maxed out at 33.

And I sure would be getting a much lower mpg right after mods as I'd definitely be "playing" with the car at that point!

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I was trying to decide if I wanted to go stage one. Came to find out my car had an IE stage 2 in it that gives me access to everything to and including stage 2 and the DSG tune for the price of a power link cable. This pretty much sold me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That was the reported number. Not a dyno proven number and highly unlikely on an IS38 without using ethanol and a very aggressive tune.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
That was the reported number. Not a dyno proven number and highly unlikely on an IS38 without using ethanol and a very aggressive tune.
Those numbers are going to be crank. Take 15% of that for wheel so 360. Sounds right to me.

Devolution

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf R
What are your daily commutes really like? I only get 26mpg or more if I travel long distances, never around town - more like 15mpg but I live in a city where everything is pretty close to my house and I don't have to travel more than 5 miles at a time. Certainly not 34mpg, even on California's I-5 if I fill up before I go and drive until it's time to get a fresh tank (driving at about 70MPH.) My last trip up north a couple months ago maxed out at 33.

And I sure would be getting a much lower mpg right after mods as I'd definitely be "playing" with the car at that point!

I live on the edge of rural country but still in the suburbs. I never hit stop and go in the city I live in unless someone’s died on the road I’m travelling on. So, my city driving isn’t as bad as it could be.

Also, I think it’s just my driving habits when I’m not doing anything spirited. Mainly coast a lot and don’t sit on anyone’s bumper.

Attached a picture I took when someone else didn’t believe I could get this fuel economy. This is when it was stock. (~36mpg)

Attachments

• 522783A4-B2F4-4146-B6DE-E9529B650541.jpeg
    522783A4-B2F4-4146-B6DE-E9529B650541.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94