GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R DSG 21k miles - $44,000??

fmpro

A dealership near me has a nice 2019 Golf R but it's listed at 44K? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but even with a DSG, the 2019 Golf R cost less brand new, did it not? This dealership has been fair with me with regards to new inventory (by fair, I mean that they are selling at MSRP, at least on the GLI that I have my eye on). Seems a bit ludicrous to expect anyone to pay 44k for a 2019 when the 2022s are due in a few months for the same amount of $$. Anyway, it's been a fat minute since I last checked the new Golf R prices back when they were still available new. If the market weren't crazy, what do you guys think would be a fair offer on this vehicle? Thanks in advance.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If things were normal the price would probably be around $34k. My 2018 manual with 6k miles was $36.5k in august 2019. The mk8 R starts at $44.5k, but it's yet to be seen if dealers will be selling them at msrp or if they'll be marked up.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I was looking at an RS3 about 6 months ago, you could find a low miles used car for around 50-55k. They are now going for $70k. Worst part, people are buying them.

A friend of mine just bought a used 2019 R with 7k miles for $42k. That's just the world we live in right now. The MK8s are going to be slim pickings. Chip shortages have caused massive issues for supply chain. A buddy of mine works for VW and told me his dealership is only going to be getting a handful of Rs in either December or January. This means you will undoubtedly be paying the full $45k MSRP + TTL & doc fees. Look to be at or around the $50k range if you want a new R in a couple months.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Vroom will be paying me 41.2 for my 19 dsg this week and probably listing it for 45-46.

Weird times.

You must have absurdly low miles or something. I just checked Vroom, and my '19 R DSG w/ 25k miles priced out at $32k.

How is it even possible that you would be getting $10k more?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
You must have absurdly low miles or something. I just checked Vroom, and my '19 R DSG w/ 25k miles priced out at $32k.

How is it even possible that you would be getting $10k more?

8100. someone with 11000 on reddit has an offer even higher than me, and they have a manual...

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
A dealership near me has a nice 2019 Golf R but it's listed at 44K? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but even with a DSG, the 2019 Golf R cost less brand new, did it not? This dealership has been fair with me with regards to new inventory (by fair, I mean that they are selling at MSRP, at least on the GLI that I have my eye on). Seems a bit ludicrous to expect anyone to pay 44k for a 2019 when the 2022s are due in a few months for the same amount of $$. Anyway, it's been a fat minute since I last checked the new Golf R prices back when they were still available new. If the market weren't crazy, what do you guys think would be a fair offer on this vehicle? Thanks in advance.

Seems in line with what they're getting listed for by others. The 2022s are going to be scarce for awhile unless VW has been hoarding chips to produce them for the US. I wouldn't count on the fact that they're "available" to drive down prices of used 2019s much if at all.

My vroom offer expires on the 4th. I'd sell you my 19 with 8100 for less than 44 if you're interested. Located in Chicago though.

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
2E3574A8-6BB1-4D61-8F25-7EA7642460E1.jpeg

This is what I paid for mine back at the end of July. DSG, Nav, and all of the driver assistance features. I don’t know how these were able to be optioned originally, but seems to be pretty well optioned out. Prices are creeping up if I check Cars.com now as compared to then:

https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...tomatic&year_max=2017&year_min=2017&zip=85203

fmpro

Ah, fuck it. So frustrated with the car purchasing process. I've literally been holding off on buying a new car for myself for over 20 years and now that I'm in a position to do so, the market gets all jacked up, lol. I'm just going to repair my 20 year old junk/commuter car and wait until the market goes back to normal.....I refuse to pay over MSRP and I sure as hell am not buying anything used right now. Sorry for the rant...just incredibly frustrating. Cheers fellas. Hope to join the club with a MK8 Golf R within the next 24 months or so depending on the market.