GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf GTI Purchase Price Inquiry

JMVW

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Hi all, I plan to buy a brand new 2019 Golf GTI base model really soon. Wondering if anyone has recently purchased one and how much it was sold for. Were there any incentives etc.... I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for your help guys! Looking forward to hearing back from anyone!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Lots of info in Purchasing section as linked in the above post.

Good luck with your search.

ZordonMk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 VW GTI SE 2.0T
Hi all, I plan to buy a brand new 2019 Golf GTI base model really soon. Wondering if anyone has recently purchased one and how much it was sold for. Were there any incentives etc.... I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for your help guys! Looking forward to hearing back from anyone!
I purchased my 2019 VW GTI SE about a month ago in Long Beach, Ca. The vehicle sell price was listed at 33,900, but I was able to negotiate down to 27,886. I would not pay anything over 28k for the vehicle. Obviously taxes and financing will add to the sell price but that’s all dependent on your location and income. As far as incentives go, it all depends on the dealership and what they have going on for the month(s). Look on their website. Also, 2019 Gti’s are the last year to get 6 yr/72,000 mi basic, 6 yr/72,000 mi powertrain warranty. Do NOT buy the 2020. 2020’s get 4 yr/50,000 mi basic, 4 yr/50,000 mi powertrain. One last thing! Make sure they throw in all accessories, my GTI came with Monster Mats, emergency Roadside kit, a car net, paint protection film etc. Don’t hesitate to ask for all those things! Remember they want YOUR business. Second last thing! Look at the car thoroughly and make sure there aren’t any scratches. I made the mistake of not overlooking thoroughly and found a small one after the fact! Anyway, Goodluck mate!

JMVW

Car(s)
Honda Civic
I purchased my 2019 VW GTI SE about a month ago in Long Beach, Ca. The vehicle sell price was listed at 33,900, but I was able to negotiate down to 27,886. I would not pay anything over 28k for the vehicle. Obviously taxes and financing will add to the sell price but that’s all dependent on your location and income. As far as incentives go, it all depends on the dealership and what they have going on for the month(s). Look on their website. Also, 2019 Gti’s are the last year to get 6 yr/72,000 mi basic, 6 yr/72,000 mi powertrain warranty. Do NOT buy the 2020. 2020’s get 4 yr/50,000 mi basic, 4 yr/50,000 mi powertrain. One last thing! Make sure they throw in all accessories, my GTI came with Monster Mats, emergency Roadside kit, a car net, paint protection film etc. Don’t hesitate to ask for all those things! Remember they want YOUR business. Second last thing! Look at the car thoroughly and make sure there aren’t any scratches. I made the mistake of not overlooking thoroughly and found a small one after the fact! Anyway, Goodluck mate!
Wow! Thank you so much for responding! Your purchasing testimony was extremely helpful. I basically wanted to get a better idea of what general price others have settled for the 2019 GTI. Okay, so since you're based in the States I'm assuming you paid 27, 886 in US currency. I totally agree with you, I wasn't interested in the 2020 at all. Too much touch screen technology for me lol! Still love the feeling of turning dials etc.... Will definitely keep in mind to ask them to throw in the "extras" you mentioned about. I will make it a point to look at their website to see what other current incentives and loyalty programs are being featured. I hope you're enjoying your new car! Hopefully we'll be living parallel lives driving the same car soon!!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Wow! Thank you so much for responding! Your purchasing testimony was extremely helpful. I basically wanted to get a better idea of what general price others have settled for the 2019 GTI. Okay, so since you're based in the States I'm assuming you paid 27, 886 in US currency. I totally agree with you, I wasn't interested in the 2020 at all. Too much touch screen technology for me lol! Still love the feeling of turning dials etc....

People in US prefer 2019s for better warranty. I believe you are from Canada and this does not impact you.

2019 and 2020 are the same exact vehicles. More technology which you are talking about will be in next platform MK8 and NA will not get that until fall of 2021.

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Wasn’t there some additional cost cutting for MY 2020...for example 2020 SE doesn’t come with Fender audio anymore.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Wasn’t there some additional cost cutting for MY 2020...for example 2020 SE doesn’t come with Fender audio anymore.

Fender hasn't come on the SE since 2016. Unless you got the SE w/ Experience Package on a 2017

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

OP is from Canada and they dont get SE trim.

I totally agree with you, I wasn't interested in the 2020 at all. Too much touch screen technology for me lol! Still love the feeling of turning dials etc....

I believe OP is referring to MK8 in this post. To clarify this, i said 2019 and 2020 are basically same vehicles and NA does not get MK8 until next year.

teslas

Passed Driver's Ed
March 2018 I bought a left over 17 gti sport for 7500 off of sticker. You should easily be able to get that plus more considering the down economy.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I shopped around on Cars.com and found the lowest prices. Based on what others have posted, the car I bought was at the bottom of what folks are paying. You just need to be careful to make sure the dealers have included all the same stuff in the advertisement. Some were excluding delivery charges, which is almost always included in the sticker price. Getting a copy of the window sticker is also needed. I buy long distance if needed. I saved $3K buying it that way. $250 airfare and 4 hours later, I was home with a new 2019 GTI SE.

JMVW

Car(s)
Honda Civic
People in US prefer 2019s for better warranty. I believe you are from Canada and this does not impact you.

2019 and 2020 are the same exact vehicles. More technology which you are talking about will be in next platform MK8 and NA will not get that until fall of 2021.

Hey again! I appreciate your responses I ended up purchasing a 2019 Autobahn last Friday! It was the last one without the Drivers Assist pkg because I personally didn't want it. Apparently there were no base models left but I'm excited about upgrading to the Autobahn! Can't wait to pick it up this Friday thanks again! Btw, I got them to throw in Monster Mats so thanks! Have you gotten any mods done to your vehicle?