GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 7sp DSG oil change interval

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Thanks for that bit of amazing useful information[emoji122].

Any other info about any changes in the 7sp transmissions that would double the OCI from the 6sp DSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for that bit of amazing useful information[emoji122].

Any other info about any changes in the 7sp transmissions that would double the OCI from the 6sp DSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 speed is wet clutch, 7 speed is dry clutch. The only reason the 6 speed needs changing every 40k is the containments from clutch pack wear. Theoretically the 7 speed is sealed for life.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
6 speed is wet clutch, 7 speed is dry clutch. The only reason the 6 speed needs changing every 40k is the containments from clutch pack wear. Theoretically the 7 speed is sealed for life.

Only "dry clutch" 7sp DSG I've found is the DQ 200 that comes in the smaller displacement engines that we don't get in the US. The 7sp DSG in the 7.5 GTI uses the DQ 350...which is still a wet clutch...at least thats what I was able to find.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Only "dry clutch" 7sp DSG I've found is the DQ 200 that comes in the smaller displacement engines that we don't get in the US. The 7sp DSG in the 7.5 GTI uses the DQ 350...which is still a wet clutch...at least thats what I was able to find.

DQ381 wet clutch. Dry clutches are too grabby for US drivers. Without looking I'd say it's still 40,000 miles.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Is it true that the 7sp DSG's OCI is now 80K...instead of the 40K of the 6sp?

My 2019 USA Warranty and Maintenance manual states:
6-speed DSG change fluid and filter at every 40,000 miles
7-speed DSG (Golf R only) change fluid at every 80,000 miles

Nothing about the 7-speed non Golf R.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
It’s the same transmission as in the Golf R so it should be 80K miles I think!
So is the the engine for the gti and golf R are the same gen3 ea888 but the internals have different parts numbers... the head gasket, pistons, rods, and exhaust valves are different than the gti. Ive heard the R could have a forged tranny from the factory since its 4 motion so don't expect the same intervals for the R and Gti cause the tranny could be the same design but different internals.