GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI MK7 w/ COBB Stage III Tune

christopher4

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
I had a reputable Tuning shop, Kozmic Motorsport in Houston, Tx., install install an Accessport, intercooler, down pipe , and exhaust on a dyno with great results in TQ, and horsepower. However, my OEM clutch slips intermittently but recently more often. I don’t do any racing or track driving and looking for a clutch that can handle the extra TQ and drive more like an OEM clutch and less like a racing clutch. Any recommendations?

christopher4

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/act-performance-clutch-kit-street-15-gti-golf-r-gli

Highly recommend this one. I had the same issue with my clutch slipping near instantly after I flashed my car. Got this clutch and it is brilliant. Holds the power, has plenty of headroom for more power down the line, and most importantly has the same pedal feel as the OEM clutch.
Thanks for the info! Coincidentally, the shop that installed the Cobb Tuner just sent me a quote to install this same clutch you recommended. Must be a good dependable clutch known amongst the GTI car buffs.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Since you're in there now would be a good time to consider changing the rear main seal. I did the iAbed RMS.

Also not a bad time to upgrade to a wavetrac or peloquin if you're planning on getting a real diff down the line.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The ACT clutch is great but it's not the quietest. If you really want to keep it as OEM as possible get a DMFW

and ya don't use the COBB OTS tunes