GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes...definitely solid FBO status and looks awesome....great job on OEM+++! I'm throwing on the same shoes today so I'll be your little bro around town.
Those wheels are a great deal/look good. Glad you finally got them/spacer issue sorted. I think about buying a second set and mounting summer performance tires on them....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Those wheels are a great deal/look good. Glad you finally got them/spacer issue sorted. I think about buying a second set and mounting summer performance tires on them....
These might become my summer sets....JerseyDrew is hooking me up with some winter wheels on AS3+, but I'll have to run these until I can link up with him. With these wheels at ET45, I think that rub issue I had will be long gone...going to keep the 15mm spacer in back...might need a spacer up front to flush out. We'll see.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
For you 4motion guys. Get some rear subframe inserts! I wouldn't bother paying a premium for 034s. Just get the CTS versions. You're welcome.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Way bigger difference than I thought they would provide. I agree!
So you just did the rears? Seems simple and only about $100. Looks kind of like the dogbone inserts - just a metal bit that reduces movement of a rubber bushing.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
So you just did the rears? Seems simple and only about $100. Looks kind of like the dogbone inserts - just a metal bit that reduces movement of a rubber bushing.

Correct. The only thing i've done to address the front is the BFI stg2 insert. At the time I was on stock suspension and the difference was stark in cornering. Worthy investment IMO

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
They are essentially 4 little dogbone inserts that require less torque to put in. SOOO EASY. The rear feels more predictable and planted in long sweepers. I also don't get the "clunk" I used to get when I shift hard and quick (I have a manual with a springless 4 puck clutch though). I'm going to say its a no brainer for $99 shipped.

I used ramps, pry bar, impact gun, torque wrench. Took me about 20 min with waiting for blue loctite to dry a little before zapping in the bolts.
note: Do one at at time! Do not remove all the bolts at once!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
They are essentially 4 little dogbone inserts that require less torque to put in. SOOO EASY. The rear feels more predictable and planted in long sweepers. I also don't get the "clunk" I used to get when I shift hard and quick (I have a manual with a springless 4 puck clutch though). I'm going to say its a no brainer for $99 shipped.

I used ramps, pry bar, impact gun, torque wrench. Took me about 20 min with waiting for blue loctite to dry a little before zapping in the bolts.
note: Do one at at time! Do not remove all the bolts at once!
Ok you f'ers....I'm in. I'll wait till they run their next sale and grab a set. Is it hard to remove the original ones?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ok you f'ers....I'm in. I'll wait till they run their next sale and grab a set. Is it hard to remove the original ones?

I had problems with the drive side front one. It's really angle and space issue. I ended up using a 20mm wrench to get that side out. All the others came out with a flat head screw driver.

I put a very very thin layer of grease on mine. Not sure it's needed but I figured it would help it seat in to the rubber better.

It's $99 shipped! It came in 2 days from america's hat (canada). Just do it now so you can be cool like us.

Here is the link so you can easily join the club.

https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-mqb-rear-subframe-mount-insert-kit-mk7-golf-r-mk3-tt-8v-a3-s3/

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I want so badly to be accepted with you cool guys...ahahahahahah

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I want so badly to be accepted with you cool guys...ahahahahahah

Then you know what to do. Click the above link and punch in those numbers. ;)

Seriously.. it seems to make a difference. There are a lot of worse things you can get for 99 bucks. The ease of install just makes it better. I figured I'd bring it up to put it on your radars.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

BTW.. you f'ers are making me get an exhaust mod. Can you guess which exhaust mod? Give you a hit.. it's the biggest power adder exhaust mod.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
BTW.. you f'ers are making me get an exhaust mod. Can you guess which exhaust mod? Give you a hit.. it's the biggest power adder exhaust mod.
I'll take no f'ing clue for $500 Alex...

What is an IS38