GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
New wheels and tires. 18x8.5 ET45 APRs. Weigh ~18.5 lbs ea. Lost ~5 lbs per wheel over my VW 17s. Went with 235/40 Conti ControlContact Sport SRS from Discount Tire.

20200320_105947.jpg
20200320_105909.jpg
20200320_105904.jpg
20200320_105857.jpg
20200320_104828.jpg
20200320_104821.jpg
20200320_094033.jpg

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
New wheels and tires. 18x8.5 ET45 APRs. Weigh ~18.5 lbs ea. Lost ~5 lbs per wheel over my VW 17s. Went with 235/40 Conti ControlContact Sport SRS from Discount Tire.

What's the wheel+tire weight for that setup?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wheels look really good.....nice stormtrooper look, especially with the black side view mirror caps.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Black lugs to finish it off.

20200322_105544.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The new wheels really make the difference. Any plans to change the headlights or maybe Golf R front bumper?
Not at the moment. The lights and bumper stuff just isn't a big deal to me. I'd rather spend the money on an intercooler or other more useful mods TBH.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Rear Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC Redstuff's to match the fronts. Rears definately more challenging to change out!
rear_brakes.jpg
rear_brakes_2.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
deAutoLED LED low beams. Challenging install. Nice sharp cutoff due to diodes being located to mimic the halogen filament. Nice white color that matches my DRLs. I'll probably go all-in and get the H9 high beam bulbs to complete the upgrade. Can't wait to try them when it stops raining. No...they won't blind oncoming traffic.

20200425_163330.jpg
20200425_163126.jpg
20200425_163119.jpg

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
deAutoLED LED low beams. Challenging install. Nice sharp cutoff due to diodes being located to mimic the halogen filament. Nice white color that matches my DRLs. I'll probably go all-in and get the H9 high beam bulbs to complete the upgrade. Can't wait to try them when it stops raining. No...they won't blind oncoming traffic.

View attachment 171227View attachment 171229View attachment 171230
Nice look on the deAuto lows, concur on the match with fogs. I put the deAuto white/yellow fogs on, big improvement, and looking forward to more reach on lows. Thx for confirm on cutoff.

I got a pair sitting in box waiting to go in on next shop day- noob here: what makes install challenging?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Nice look on the deAuto lows, concur on the match with fogs. I put the deAuto white/yellow fogs on, big improvement, and looking forward to more reach on lows. Thx for confirm on cutoff.

I got a pair sitting in box waiting to go in on next shop day- noob here: what makes install challenging?
Here is my install write up - hope it helps:

Low beams. Challenging. These are behind the outer-most rubber boot. Clearly the p. side is much easier than the d. side due to access. Some folks have gone at the d. side by removing the d. side f. wheel and then removing the inner plastic fender liner. I have smallish hands and just went in from the top. Set aside a few hours for this project and take breaks if you get frustrated. I can assure you it works as advertised. These are H7 bulbs which are held into the housing with a metal retaining clip. Remove the bulb and plug assembly by turning CCW. Gently wiggle the H7 bulb out of the plug. Remove the retaining clip from the plug using a small flat-head screwdriver. Remove the plastic bezel ring from the LED bulb (CCW). Use the provided double-stick tape to affix the metal H7 adapter ring to the plastic bezel ring. Familiarize yourself with the orientation of the H7 locking tabs inside the housing – you can just take a pic with your phone. Practice your approach/orientation outside of the light before starting as this will all be done by feel. Determine the orientation of the bulb into this apparatus – wires up or wire down with a CW twist to lock. If you do this backwards, you will just unlock the whole assembly when you install the bulb and have to start over. Insert the plastic bezel/metal adapter into the fixture and twist to lock into place so the metal “wings” of the H7 adapter lock behind the tabs. You may have to slightly bend these “wings” to have this work correctly/be tight in the housing. Insert the bulb based on the work you did earlier to understand the orientation. The diodes should face 9 and 3 o’clock. You can observe this through the front of the light fixture. Once everything is correct, you will need to trim a small piece out of the rubber boot for the three (3) wires to exit. Plug it all in (use electrical tape to wrap the H7 plug) and use the included double-stick tape to affix the ignitor to the side of the light fixture. Replace the rubber boot.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here are some shots. They really work well. The last shot is comparing my Atlas with factory LEDs (in reflector housings...I know...mind blowing right?) with the LED kit in my Sportwagen. Guess which ones gets flashed regularly? Hint...it ain't my Sportwagen..hahahaha

When I got these bulbs, I obviously considered the drama w/r to light scatter. I had read the reviews and did my homework on why this happens. When I got the bulbs installed, I did the typical wall beam cut-off test and they looked good but a bit high b/c I had cranked the stockers up a bit to get more throw. I set them down some likely closer to the stock setting. Then my son and I did some nighttime driving tests on the roads where I live – drove behind and did oncoming. They were not blinding and didn’t cause any issues. I am fully aware of what cheap HID kits in reflectors look like and this isn’t that or even remotely close to that situation. I’ve done the testing and am comfortable with the results. I’ve never been flashed. It’s far easier to regurgitate what you read online vs. go out and get the answer for yourself w/r to this concern.

20200425_203655.jpg
20200425_203828.jpg
20200425_203915.jpg
20200425_210902.jpg
20200425_211238.jpg

20200429_212634.jpg

Last edited: