GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 dsg reliability

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I may even swap out for manual, I already spoke to them they said they can give me a pre reg manual with 25 miles. The dilemma I got is now I’m reading the kangaroo and stalling problems with the 1.5 tsi with the manual gearbox. I’m a anxious person in general and always over think stuff. I’ve Just want a good keeper. What’s your thoughts Dave?
Thanks

On the Briskoda forums, people are using aftermarket fix kits for the DSG mechatronics units..so only about £300 to sort.....

the manuals have a c**p gearshift becuase the whole mech under the gearstick & on top of the gearbox is plastic...I've only just sorted mine by using loads of older VW parts & Diesel geek & 42DD parts...

I thought the kangarooing was just the DSG/1.5lt combination ???

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
On the Briskoda forums, people are using aftermarket fix kits for the DSG mechatronics units..so only about £300 to sort.....

the manuals have a c**p gearshift becuase the whole mech under the gearstick & on top of the gearbox is plastic...I've only just sorted mine by using loads of older VW parts & Diesel geek & 42DD parts...

Seems like it’s the combination of the 1.5 EVO engine with manual gearbox;

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/o...-acknowledges-problem-with-15-tsi-evo-engine/
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/n...-sight-for-volkswagen-15-tsi-engine-problems/
The second article is dated July 2019, so it’s possible VAG may have developed new software by now to rectify this issue.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!

Lol I thought it was the manual. Combination, so u reckon I should keep the dsg? I have to make my mind up by the 23rd. I am like 50/50 . It’s all starting to give me a proper head ach. I’ve read your guides about what you have done to your gears. I’ve proberly read 90% of your guides, some really good stuff in there that’s why I always appreciate your imput

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Seems like it’s the combination of the 1.5 EVO engine with manual gearbox;

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/o...-acknowledges-problem-with-15-tsi-evo-engine/
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/n...-sight-for-volkswagen-15-tsi-engine-problems/
The second article is dated July 2019, so it’s possible VAG may have developed new software by now to rectify this issue.
Yep that was one of the threads I was reading. From what I’m hearing Is that my20 cars don’t have this problem but I don’t know if it’s to early to tell. I know the car I’ve got now don’t express none of the kangaroo or stalling characteristics

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Lol I thought it was the manual. Combination, so u reckon I should keep the dsg? I have to make my mind up by the 23rd. I am like 50/50 . It’s all starting to give me a proper head ach. I’ve read your guides about what you have done to your gears. I’ve proberly read 90% of your guides, some really good stuff in there that’s why I always appreciate your imput

I've also just don the dieselgeek superpin install...I will be doing a how to guide...involves ripping the centre console out....best descion I ever made!!

DSG fix involves ££...the 1.5evo/manual box kangaroo problem should just be a software fix....so cheaper..

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Well after all the faffing about . I picked it up this morning And plugged in my Obdeleven and it is the dq200, dam shame
My Moms Leon tsi from 2015 has the DQ200 and has worked great so far only having to do the clutch relearn(OBD11), most problems was from city traffic in taxi cars that overheated the dry clutches. It actually puts around nicer than my DQ381 with better clutch feel and less slip.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
My moms Leon tsi from 2015 has the DQ200 and has worked great so far only having to do the clutch relearn(OBD11), most problems was from city traffic in taxi cars that overheated the dry clutches. It actually puts around nicer than my DQ381 with better clutch feel and less slip.
Good to hear that. Can I ask why u hat to do the clutch relearn??