Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
http://media.vw.com/release/1212/

"Golf R

New driver assistance features added to topline Golf R w/ DCC and Nav
Driver Assistance Package for top trim adds Light Assist high-beam control
The Golf R w/ DCC and Nav gets a number of new features for 2017: Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist), Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and 19-inch Pretoria aluminum-alloy wheels. Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist), Light Assist high-beam control and Park Distance Control (Park Pilot) are part of the available Driver Assistance Package."

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Nice glad to see the Pretoria offering

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
all the stuff related to driver assist is interesting as the 2016 package all had this cause i have all of it... very interesting to me the only new thing is the wheels and i guess the someone decent automatic park pilot unless im just misreading everything or is it that its now standard on the dcc? unlike before it was the package option

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
all the stuff related to driver assist is interesting as the 2016 package all had this cause i have all of it... very interesting to me the only new thing is the wheels unless im just misreading everything or is it that its now standard on the dcc? unlike before it was the package option?

It looks like they're moving some of the features around regarding which packages they come standard on? IE forward collision is now standard on all DCC/Nav Cars instead of needing the DAP. Wonder what the new pricing structure will be.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
It looks like they're moving some of the features around regarding which packages they come standard on? IE forward collision is now standard on all DCC/Nav Cars instead of needing the DAP. Wonder what the new pricing structure will be.

ahh i see yeah just reread it so really not much new at all beside the park pilot and wheels :) good to here glad i didnt miss anything with my R dont care for the rims nor park pilot park assist is good enough. the only thing i would be pissed about is if it got discover pro

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
ahh i see yeah just reread it so really not much new at all beside the park pilot and wheels :) good to here glad i didnt miss anything with my R dont care for the rims nor park pilot park assist is good enough. the only thing i would be pissed about is if it got discover pro

I'm pissed it exists [emoji58]. Wanted a two year production run. They also don't mention any changes to the color palette for any of the cars minus the pink beetle so I'm curious to see if there are any updates on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Would have loved to see the sunroof as an option more than all of these bells and whistles that imo take away from the driver experience. At this stage in life I don't want a car yelling at me when I'm switching lanes or coming up on a car too fast as I have a plan to over take. Sunroof and wheels a big yes too! But looks like only one of those will be an option.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pissed it exists [emoji58]. Wanted a two year production run. They also don't mention any changes to the color palette for any of the cars minus the pink beetle so I'm curious to see if there are any updates on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha i know that would be great but i mean there such a low prod car that they still hold there value in the long run

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
all the stuff related to driver assist is interesting as the 2016 package all had this cause i have all of it... very interesting to me the only new thing is the wheels and i guess the someone decent automatic park pilot unless im just misreading everything or is it that its now standard on the dcc? unlike before it was the package option

Park Pilot just warns you when you're too close to something when you're parking. So it seems the only differences are the feature that dims your high beams when there is an oncoming car, which I find isn't that big an issue with HID's; the beam is flatter on the top. And I don't really care about a feature I can easily control myself, with flexibility. I don't like silver Pretoria's; they quickly will turn black from brake dust, and they are probably harder to clean than Cadiz's. If they were even gloss black I might like them more.

So it seems 2106 is still a good year to have.

Last edited: