GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 R Getting Pretorias

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Curious if the cargo area dimensions will change at all. I want to order my Weathertech liners.

Odds of the 2017 R having a donut?

Why would the cargo dimensions change? Vw has a donut that fits under the current cargo area. It's just not included in America bound cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Curious if the cargo area dimensions will change at all. I want to order my Weathertech liners.

Odds of the 2017 R having a donut?

Weathertech already makes a rubber cargo liner that correctly fits 2015-16 R's. Came out a couple of weeks ago.

RLilEvie

Ready to race!
Why would the cargo dimensions change? Vw has a donut that fits under the current cargo area. It's just not included in America bound cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure if the donut altered the dimensions at all by raising the existing cargo base. Based on your response, I gather it remains unchanged?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Wasn't sure if the donut altered the dimensions at all by raising the existing cargo base. Based on your response, I gather it remains unchanged?

Yes. Lift up the panel and take a look at the space. You actually have the option of lowering the bottom a few inches to make more cargo space.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
It's about time!!!

Mr ohnoez

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Had a 2017 Golf R
So are the order books open? or is this just a news update on what is coming?
I've been waiting months to order the 2017