GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 R - Exhaust Flap VCDS Changes

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
When you let off the gas over 60 MPH you'll get loud drone at 60 MPH and again at 30 MPH. The flap are full open at idle already; I watched them operate myself with a bore scope.

ryanbensminger

Car(s)
2016 GTI Built E85
I just took delivery of a 2017 R last week. I want to switch off the exhaust flap by coding.

It looks like things are different for this model year and it's no longer Byte 9 Bit 2. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

What were the settings in Byte 9 before any changes? I have a buddy with the same desire, but at this point he has broken the functionality and we don't know what bit was checked..

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
OBDII is not OBDEleven but OBD2 as in Roman II

Actually, he is correct. The product he is using is called OBDEleven.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I just realized I’ve had this on since owning the car from the former owner. To confirm unchecking Byte 2 is enabling the flaps?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It's been quite a while, but I deactivated the flaps. I'm used to the drone, and I have good hearing for my age. Probably because I always wore ear protection at work and concerts, and never turned up earbuds so everyone else also heard what I was listening to. I still hear the drone pretty loud, but with flaps activated driving is too dull.