GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
500/672 Front to Rear

Drove the car last night to check that everything was good and tight. I need to get ride heights adjusted.
Front Left: 25.51” (going to raise to 25.98”)
Front Right: 25.79” (going to raise to 25.98”)
Rear Left/Right: 27” (Going to drop to 26.37”)

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
500/672 Front to Rear

Drove the car last night to check that everything was good and tight. I need to get ride heights adjusted.
Front Left: 25.51” (going to raise to 25.98”)
Front Right: 25.79” (going to raise to 25.98”)
Rear Left/Right: 27” (Going to drop to 26.37”)
Honestly, I doubt you'll notice much of a difference between the two spring setups.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Got the car aligned last night. -3.5/Zero toe up front. -2.2 and .5mm Toe In each side on the rear. Busy working through my punch list before VIR. I have my sway bars disconnected and the car still feels responsive.

0E2F2FDB-7586-43BD-8F62-61BC50E33F73.jpeg
0BEEA87F-68D1-4161-990A-9624CEA968D7.jpeg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Just been to FSR PCA and Chin.

Will be going to Carolina’s PCA the weekend before Thanksgiving

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Trying to figure out how to get the video and data overlay off my Garmin Catalyst. I got to within 4/10ths of my PB in my 1st session last lap, when tires were getting greasy and brakes were past there best. Not bad after 6-months away from the track.
Oil temps got to 265F so I had to back off. Brakes got super grabby in the second half the session. Need to check things over. May be my rear pad selection??

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Trying to figure out how to get the video and data overlay off my Garmin Catalyst. I got to within 4/10ths of my PB in my 1st session last lap, when tires were getting greasy and brakes were past there best. Not bad after 6-months away from the track.
Oil temps got to 265F so I had to back off. Brakes got super grabby in the second half the session. Need to check things over. May be my rear pad selection??
Just have hit the save button in the top right of the screen as you're reviewing the session video. Should create a file with all the laps you select and drop it in a folder on the SD card.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Just have hit the save button in the top right of the screen as you're reviewing the session video. Should create a file with all the laps you select and drop it in a folder on the SD card.
Thank You!

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
We've got at least half a dozen other MK7/MQB people that'll be there @M3bs1 . Would love to get you out there too!

I sold my R (which I regret), so I’m not a MK7 owner any more, but I like to keep up with how you guys continue to develop the platform. I’m doing VIR with CLT Speed in late November with the GT4. Small group, more track time than I can stand…. Hoping to beat my best time in the M3. I was almost 3 seconds off last time out, so I have a ways to go.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Some video from my last HPDE.

I came real close to my PB. Video and data is via Garmin Catalyst so accuracy is way better than using my phones gps and Harry’s LapTimer.

My Optimal lap. Real nice feature on the Garmin Catalyst.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Some video from my last HPDE.

I came real close to my PB. Video and data is via Garmin Catalyst so accuracy is way better than using my phones gps and Harry’s LapTimer.

My Optimal lap. Real nice feature on the Garmin Catalyst.

Nice laps, Catalyst seems like a great tool. As far as track GPS, I bought the new Racebox Mini (was $100, now $200) that's a 25hz GPS and their phone app is really solid, basically a Dragy combined with Harry's for road courses. Don't think they support a video embed just yet but can correlate the GPS/telemetry data over to RaceRender to match with GoPro video. Does basic Catalyst-like suggestions but not to that extent. They open it up to use as raw GPS with Harry's and others as well so a pretty cool device.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
So the Garmin actually stitches together video of your best segments? That’s pretty cool. Now all you have to do is emulate that video and you will have a 2:09……

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
So the Garmin actually stitches together video of your best segments? That’s pretty cool. Now all you have to do is emulate that video and you will have a 2:09……
I was trying to figure out which way to go with “Driver Coaching” and telemetry aids. Something better than Harry’s LapTimer but simpler to use than AIM data logging. This fits the bill. Super simple to setup and install. Opportunities are provided right after your session is saved. You can review laps/ sessions immediately.

My biggest time opportunity is braking into T1. 4-tenths on the table. I was nursing the brakes so i didn’t have to make a rotor change mid weekend. So was braking early. My other is carrying more speed through T-10 and around T11-T12.
I like watching the optimal lap video before a session to see the best line. So I can repeat it. It’s neat how they stitch the video together. Helpful too.