GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Yeah that’s right. Unfortunately when you adjust it it’s only temporary and will reset to the default next time you turn on the car. That’s a good idea to mess around and see what you want for the pro tune.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
New spark plugs are in.
Waste Gate Voltage = 3.6v
Will fill the tank with Shell Vpower and my car will be ready for the Dyno.

A5A05E8B-53F9-429E-AB94-1E44AB87A871.jpeg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
EQT Dyno Tune
Spent the morning @ Mass Acceleration Motorsports in Denver, NC on their Dyno. Looks like a good shop focusing on American muscle cars. Friendly techs. I liked there cooling fan setup for their Dyno.

Car feels good lower down the RPM range. Pick-up is pretty quick. Just checked my log as I was curious about my Vmax in 4th @6800rpm. 141mph. Happy this was on a Dyno and not out on the highway.
Fueling, AFR’s and boost are all dialed in and optimized. Curious what this translates to at VIR.

Looking at the graph below makes me think I should be changing gears at 5500rpm to 6000rpm

AFDCBD12-8D8F-4C89-9346-6EF597380D7F.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
EQT Dyno Tune
Spent the morning @ Mass Acceleration Motorsports in Denver, NC on their Dyno. Looks like a good shop focusing on American muscle cars. Friendly techs. I liked there cooling fan setup for their Dyno.

Car feels good lower down the RPM range. Pick-up is pretty quick. Just checked my log as I was curious about my Vmax in 4th @6800rpm. 141mph. Happy this was on a Dyno and not out on the highway.
Fueling, AFR’s and boost are all dialed in and optimized. Curious what this translates to at VIR.

Looking at the graph below makes me think I should be changing gears at 5500rpm to 6000rpm

View attachment 260772
The mechanical advantage of the lower gear may mean shifting early isn't the right answer.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
EQT Dyno Tune

View attachment 260772
Which turbo is this?

And holy crap, that's a long gear. I'm real deep into 5th in the R at 140.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
IS38
One of the reasons why I opted for a Dyno tune. The gearing is crazy long.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
GOODWOOD REVIVAL

I’m a huge fan of Historic racing and this must rank as one of the best events for that.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
529Innovations Suspension
I have been convinced to step up my suspension game. In the process of installing 529Innovations coilovers. Going to softer springs front and rear because I’m told these shocks are that good. I will be testing that statement in 3-weeks at VIR.

That evap canister on the right rear is a forkin pain to get that tab released. A dumb luck jiggle got it out, but I will take it.
B93686C5-4E00-4AE3-95E9-983CDDE7BA8C.jpeg
60437305-EE85-48AB-B095-4853A4FCAE86.jpeg
5D2C91F7-79C6-44C3-A88A-914A389DF86A.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What do those bad boys cost?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have someone lined up.
You‘re next in line if it falls through.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Going to softer springs front and rear because I’m told these shocks are that good.
Skeptical of this line of reasoning.

Springs serve many functions and one is to limit travel to limit camber loss up front.

Shocks can't limit body roll unless they malfunction.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Skeptical of this line of reasoning.

Springs serve many functions and one is to limit travel to limit camber loss up front.

Shocks can't limit body roll unless they malfunction.
I get it. You are correct that my comments is not good reasoning.

I’m going with the recommended springs 450/500 front to rear with these shocks. The shocks use a nitrogen pre-charge to help support the weight of the car leading to the use of softer springs. The low speed compression dampening has been increased front and rear to resist dive under braking and rear squat under acceleration.
Been talking to a guy running these in an R at Road Atlanta and he swears by them. Ultimate Performance is 15-mins from my house and I’ve spoken at length on how I run VIR and the need to run stiffer springs with my current setup.

I will be testing these at VIR in a couple weeks and the stopwatch will be the judge. I will be better equipped to comment after 4-days of running at VIR.