GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Yep just the Zimmerman blanks, cut down the dust shields to just cover the abs and ball joint and then the deflectors. Yea makes sense and I guess this setup just won't be able to exhaust the rotor heat out quick enough which is a bummer.

Think dedicated brake ducts could help? I guess I need to figue out the max potential of the Macans for track use. Using raybestos st43 with them and bite isn't an issue.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep just the Zimmerman blanks, cut down the dust shields to just cover the abs and ball joint and then the deflectors. Yea makes sense and I guess this setup just won't be able to exhaust the rotor heat out quick enough which is a bummer.

Think dedicated brake ducts could help? I guess I need to figue out the max potential of the Macans for track use. Using raybestos st43 with them and bite isn't an issue.

I think true brake ducting would help, but not sure how much over the RS3 deflector type ducts.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
ST43’s are great pads for the tracks. Just don’t use them on the street. They will eat a set of rotors in a month and wear down to the backing plates in the same time.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

What part number for the ST43 for the Macan calipers?

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
What part number for the ST43 for the Macan calipers?
Took a lot of sleuthing to find the right part but I think it's in the main Macan brembo thread OP, I'll grab it in a few.

Also A2B is allegedly creating a Mk7 specific surge tank that will also be able to fuel MPI so no need to get an RS3 LPFP and fixes any fuel starve issues, sounds like February so I'm getting that.

EDIT: Here's the Raybestos brake info for the Macan Brembos, I ordered mine off bestbrakes.com and it was ST43R1001T15 and they were the 15mm version but there is a 16 and 18 that may fit, just not sure but seems there is room. Also can be searched as "ST-43 R1001.15":

1638327585988.png

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
P010600 - MAP sensor range/performance
It appears as though my MAP sensor is crapping out. Intermittent fault went static and my car went into limp mode this evening. Fortunately I was in my neighborhood. I couldn’t clear the code. It would come back immediately.
Pulled the sensor, cleaned it and reinstalled. Fault code went to intermittent and I was able to clear the code.
I will be ordering a new one from the Dealer tomorrow.

First the O2 sensor. Now the MAP sensor. Fuel dilution in my oil sample. Quite a few engine niggles of late.
93k and 35 track days.

I suspect that my oil sample after VIR is likely to come back with fuel dilution again. Car was running rich and the rear hatch was getting sooty. Will pull plugs to check if they are fouled. Replace the air filter and check the car over.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Also A2B is allegedly creating a Mk7 specific surge tank that will also be able to fuel MPI so no need to get an RS3 LPFP and fixes any fuel starve issues, sounds like February so I'm getting that.
That would work.
The first time I got the hard fuel cut at the kink on the front straight, I thought something had broken. Then the engine would clear and run fine. Didn’t think I’d get fuel surge with a quarter tank of gas, but after the second time I realized that had to be it and came in.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
P010600 - MAP sensor range/performance
It appears as though my MAP sensor is crapping out. Intermittent fault went static and my car went into limp mode this evening. Fortunately I was in my neighborhood. I couldn’t clear the code. It would come back immediately.
Pulled the sensor, cleaned it and reinstalled. Fault code went to intermittent and I was able to clear the code.
I will be ordering a new one from the Dealer tomorrow.

First the O2 sensor. Now the MAP sensor. Fuel dilution in my oil sample. Quite a few engine niggles of late.
93k and 35 track days.

I suspect that my oil sample after VIR is likely to come back with fuel dilution again. Car was running rich and the rear hatch was getting sooty. Will pull plugs to check if they are fouled. Replace the air filter and check the car over.
Have you done a compression check?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Not yet. It’s on the list of things to check. I need to dig up my leak down gauges And do a leak down test while I have the plugs out.

Do you know what the pressures specs are for the EA888?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not yet. It’s on the list of things to check. I need to dig up my leak down gauges And do a leak down test while I have the plugs out.

Do you know what the pressures specs are for the EA888

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Thanks!

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
More specifically for the compression test ranges as I just did that last week. 175 is a good middle there but can go higher or lower and still be in spec, comes straight from the service manual.

1638337295941.png

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
More specifically for the compression test ranges as I just did that last week. 175 is a good middle there but can go higher or lower and still be in spec, comes straight from the service manual.

View attachment 231679
Where did your motor test out at?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
You are probably in the top 1% among track days completed on these cars. I think Cliff got to about 55-60 before his engine finally gave out, his car was APR stage 1 most of its life. I believe it was his piston rings that finally gave out. Just as a point of reference.