MK7.5 GTI
Quick Update.

Wavetrac is installed
iABED Rear Main Seal
New Sachs SMF
European Audi short shifter
Baun Performance down-pipe/mid-pipe
IS38 with 91-Octane APR high torque tune

Everything appears to be working well and leak free. Will be checking fluids on the trans and VAQ this weekend. Rechecking for any leaks. I’m going to pull an oil sample with 600-miles on the new turbo.

Having tackled all this work myself, my only two concerns were the lack of heat on my first day back on the road. I suspected an air-lock in the cooling system which rectified itself on the second day. The other was a bad clutch judder upon clutch engagement. This was the first time that I had tackled a clutch job myself. Did the work on my drive with axle stands. Long story short, it was just a case of the clutch plate wearing in. Phew! 😅 Had strong clutch plate burnt smell, which had me sweating and thinking I had messed something up. By the second day the judder disappeared and clutch engagement/actuation was back to normal. Put 600-miles on the car. 30mpg on my first tank so pleasantly surprised by the IS38.

RMS was simple with the VW installation tool.
Clutch/Flywheel was simple as well.
Bleeding the release bearing was a multiple bleed process.
IS38 install was tricky because of the tight confines and getting the coolant and oil lines disconnected.
The Wavetrac install had its challenges. Even after purchasing the correct tools. Inexperience and nooby challenges. Getting the one bearing cup out was difficult the other was easy.

I will post a detailed how too for the Wavetrac install.

Busy working on getting the oil cooler installed.
That's so awesome! Good job doing all that on jack stands!! Which APR tune did you go with? The golf R stage 1 HT?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
91 Octane High Torque

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
91 Octane High Torque
Thats awesome! Can't wait to see how you like the huge bump in power on VIR. Curious what your back straight and front straight speeds are gonna be at that power level. We should be pretty similar power wise when I de-tune my setup to 22 psi and no timing.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I’m figuring another 8-10mph on the back straight.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Wavetrac Install - How To

Here is the install of my Wavetrac.

Attachments

• WAVETRAC INSTALL_V2.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 205

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Updated Wavetrac Install

I have made some edits to my install doc. Added P/N#’s

Attachments

• WAVETRAC INSTALL_V2 Updated.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 147

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Getting ready to throw my Ohlins I picked up last month on here in the next couple of weeks and is very nice to see all of the input here. Looking to eventually get down to ViR, but NJMP is like 30-40 minutes from me so I have an easier time making it out to that.

Right now my plan is to throw on the whiteline control arms I have on the car, the MT21s, and I'm run 245/40/18 direzza z3s on an 8.5 inch wheel

Front Powergrid endlinks seem to be a thing I need to pick up for clearancing

Anything else I should consider for install of the coilovers? I know it says it CAN use the stock top mounts...but can and should are not the same thing...lol

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Post here https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ith-updated-ohlins-road-and-track-kit.380653/

I didn’t use the stock hardware for the front.

Getting ready to throw my Ohlins I picked up last month on here in the next couple of weeks and is very nice to see all of the input here. Looking to eventually get down to ViR, but NJMP is like 30-40 minutes from me so I have an easier time making it out to that.

Right now my plan is to throw on the whiteline control arms I have on the car, the MT21s, and I'm run 245/40/18 direzza z3s on an 8.5 inch wheel

Anything else I should consider for install of the coilovers? I know it says it CAN use the stock top mounts...but can and should are not the same thing...lol

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Awesome!

How many DE’s do you do?

I went with Vorshlag Camber/Caster plates when I installed my Ohlins. Ground Control is also a great option. Pick the vendor you are most comfortable with. SuperPro and 034 make fixed camber plate options. As does EuroSport. This is where you need to decide on your goals/objectives for the car, as to whether you want to add camber plates. Because this is the time to do it.

My PowerGrid endlinks do not make contact with the inner fender at-2.5 degrees front camber on the street and at -3.5 degrees at the track.

All the best. Let me know if you have other questions.
Anything past 20-clicks from full hard/closed doesn’t do anything

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
VERKLINE WAS-048 REAR CAMBER ARM INSTALL

7A68AE61-7F0E-4F09-81DE-A5EF3C7F3B7A.jpeg

Rear Camber Adjustment
M24 Adjuster sleeve
One revolution of the adjuster = .9 degrees camber adjustment

Right Rear Tire Clearance
The rear tire clearance to the fuel fill tube, limits installing aggressive tire/wheel fitments for the track. I’m currently running 255-40-17 Nitto NT01’s on 17x8.5 et45 wheels and I am getting a very slight tire rub on the protective guard for the fill tube. I’m moving to 18x9 et42 Apex SM-10’s with R888R’s in 255-35-18. Both tires have a similar footprint of 10.2” section width and 9.3” tread width.

31C081F3-9A28-400C-89EB-1DFB178CEE32.jpeg
E4C8960C-B02B-4D5B-8F50-CF1F09898287.jpeg

One of the benefits of installing an adjustable Camber Arm, is the option of installing off-set lock out washers. By increasing the length of the rear LCA and fixing that inner pivot point, you will need adjustable toe links to adjust rear toe. Then using another off-set lock-out washer you can create a little more room to the fuel fill tube and still have the ability to adjust rear camber using the Verkline Camber Arm. The et42 off-set moves the wheel outboard by 3mm+3mm lock out washer gains a total of 6mm. Creating sufficient room for the 12.7mm wider wheel – 6.35mm to the inside & 6.35mm to the outside. Hopefully there is sufficient clearance to the outside fender…??

Inner eccentric lockout washer for camber arm
C45AD25A-2C11-4BCF-8876-3AADEC12770E.jpeg

Inner eccentric lockout washer for rear LCA
EE53780E-1767-4926-8E47-ED74E3454564.jpeg

Verkline lock-out washers to fine tune clearance
634F9A1E-88BE-4E23-9D3F-93AD6DD1EE44.jpeg

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Right Rear Tire Clearance
The rear tire clearance to the fuel fill tube, limits installing aggressive tire/wheel fitments for the track. I’m currently running 255-40-17 Nitto NT01’s on 17x8.5 et45 wheels and I am getting a very slight tire rub on the protective guard for the fill tube. I’m moving to 18x9 et42 Apex SM-10’s with R888R’s in 255-35-18. Both tires have a similar footprint of 10.2” section width and 9.3” tread.
Have an pics of the 255/40r17 NT-01s on the 17x8.5 wheels? I really want to run 245/40 on my 17x8.5, but Nitto doesn’t make the NT01 in that size.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
NT01 has been my “Go To” tire forever, but you might want to look at the Goodyear Supercar 3R. I used to run 255/40 on my M3, and recently used the 3R in 245/40 on my 8.5 wheels. The 3R has a shape that provides more fender clearance. They actually look small on the car, but they work, turning lap times within a second of what I turned on 245 R7s at VIR. Tip: Buy them with a Goodyear credit card and GY doubles the $75 rebate. Didn’t really want another CC but I’ll play their silly game....

Pic shows the difference between 245 R7 and 245 3Rs.

Attachments

• 70C98A56-CD46-43BC-9642-E0C0674ECA59.jpeg
    70C98A56-CD46-43BC-9642-E0C0674ECA59.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
NT01 has been my “Go To” tire forever, but you might want to look at the Goodyear Supercar 3R. I used to run 255/40 on my M3, and recently used the 3R in 245/40 on my 8.5 wheels. The 3R has a shape that provides more fender clearance. They actually look small on the car, but they work, turning lap times within a second of what I turned on 245 R7s at VIR. Tip: Buy them with a Goodyear credit card and GY doubles the $75 rebate. Didn’t really want another CC but I’ll play their silly game....

Pic shows the difference between 245 R7 and 245 3Rs.
They do make the 3R in a 245/40r17, which is interesting. Do they last a full 20-30 minute session like the NT01s do? I’ve really enjoyed the NT01s and gotten 11 days at VIR with them.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
They do make the 3R in a 245/40r17, which is interesting. Do they last a full 20-30 minute session like the NT01s do? I’ve really enjoyed the NT01s and gotten 11 days at VIR with them.
They hold up well for long sessions, but take some heat to get them working. I doubt I’d get 11 days out of them, but I only get 4-6 days out of the NT01s.