GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
VIR PB LAPTIME

Had an awesome weekend at VIR with a good buddy. The car was quick and I was able to extract some good laptimes when I had clear track. The revalve and stiffer rear springs have made a huge difference. The exit through Hogpen onto the front straight is much faster. T-1 and T-12 is better as well. May need to add a little more toe out for these slower hairpins.

If you guys are interested in a set of Ohlins, I highly recommend Barry Battle at 3DM Motorsports. He also sells Swift Springs and Vorschlag camber plates.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I watched the overlay and it looks really good. I can tell the car is more eager to rotate and front end grip is still strong. It has no problem eating the curbing too. Props to you my friend

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My car is so quiet, all you hear above 90 mph is wind. I just don't want it to be loud on the street. Mini7, your car can clearly be heard in the video, is that a microphone at the tail that we're hearing?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
My car is so quiet, all you hear above 90 mph is wind. I just don't want it to be loud on the street. Mini7, your car can clearly be heard in the video, is that a microphone at the tail that we're hearing?
That’s what I noticed in the first of the pair of vids above! I can’t hear my car at the track at all and it’s a relatively loud daily driver. If it weren’t for the tach I wouldn’t know what is going on!

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Nope. Just windows down. I have a hard time hearing my car with the helmet on.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I watched the overlay and it looks really good. I can tell the car is more eager to rotate and front end grip is still strong. It has no problem eating the curbing too. Props to you my friend
It continues to ride curbs well after the revalve. One the things I was a little concerned about. It’s definitely nosier over the curbs than before.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Loose through T3-Nascar

One of the few cars I pointed by. A well driven 911 4S. The car got a little loose through T-3. I didn’t realize that I had run out of road until I had a conversation with the 911 driver.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Great stuff and very nice driving. Agree with Paulman, that's a smart save in T3. Zero panic, and right back to it.

Nice going.

Have to do VIR either this coming season or next. Always has a big pucker factor for me, but I have to get over it. Palmer was that way for years, but it's now pretty much my favorite track.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
VIR is relatively safe with a lot of runoff in most areas. I say relatively because there is always inherent risk when doing any speed event. FWD is more forgiving than RWD. It has some great high speed sections, where the car struggles to keep up but then there are some very technical sections. Great facilities and an awesome driver’s track.

Im planning on tackling Road Atlanta next year. I’d say just as exhilarating as VIR but less forgiving in my opinion.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VIR is relatively safe with a lot of runoff in most areas. I say relatively because there is always inherent risk when doing any speed event. FWD is more forgiving than RWD. It has some great high speed sections, where the car struggles to keep up but then there are some very technical sections. Great facilities and an awesome driver’s track.

Im planning on tackling Road Atlanta next year. I’d say just as exhilarating as VIR but less forgiving in my opinion.
Yep, I have a buddy that wrecked a C6 Z06 and a C7 GS in the same exact spot. Apexed too early for turn 12, ran wide into the grass fringe by the pit wall, then turned straight into the inside wall, head on. He's now got another C6 Z06.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I always wondered what happens if you total your car on track without purchasing track insurance. I assume you just have a smashed up car you still gotta pay for

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Loose through T3-Nascar

One of the few cars I pointed by. A well driven 911 4S. The car got a little loose through T-3. I didn’t realize that I had run out of road until I had a conversation with the 911 driver.

Nice driving! Running over curbing and rumbles at NASCAR Bend is just using all the track. I’m guilty of that at Turn 10.😅

Next track season at VIR can’t come soon enough. I’m currently installing a Stoptech BBK, Ground Control camber plates, and a new set of Nitto NT01s

Last edited: