GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I also found out the folks with EPB have rear brake lines with 10mm banjo bolt while manual PB has 12mm.

I discovered that when I went to Essex Parts for rear stainless lines. I bought an OE Rear line and had them make me a set a rear Spiegler lines for my GTi. Proper stainless fittings. Not chromed steel like a lot of other aftermarket lines.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I discovered that when I went to Essex Parts for rear stainless lines. I bought an OE Rear line and had them make me a set a rear Spiegler lines for my GTi. Proper stainless fittings. Not chromed steel like a lot of other aftermarket lines.
Yeah, I had one of my ss lines leak on me where the banjo attaches on a rear caliper. Probably a 1 in a million chance and I was unlucky enough to be that one. I ordered the racingline lines and they didn't distinctly explain the EPB difference, so they were wrong but made by Goodridge and pretty nice quality overall (I'm trying to sell those right now). I got the neuspeed lines after that since I was able to get them fairly cheap and they seem to be pretty nice as well, but not quite as nice as the Goodridge ones.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
The above is one of the reasons I will continue to use oem rubber lines. If the $XXXk supercars can use them, they aren't a problem.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Do you happen to have caliper/carrier/rotor weights for the Powerbrake 350 mm? With all the money i've saved with this covid business, i'm ready to shed some weight off this PP front setup. The added 10#/corner (as compared to the non-pp) really screws up the tossability :(

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
@Mini7, where do you source PowerBrake from, I’m not seeing a lot of online retailers

The US operation is headquartered here in Charlotte, NC. They have moved to a facility in Concord. I got mine direct from PB. They are working on ramping up production capacity and have recently acquired a new 5-axis machine.

Vorshlag Motorsport in Texas are a PowerBrake Dealer. I spent some time talking to them prior to making my purchase.
https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/for...werbrake-big-brake-upgrade-kits-from-vorshlag

APR’s BBK is a rebadged PowerBrake BBK. There are a few small differences. APR has info on their website.
https://www.goapr.com/products/brakes.html

I’m waiting on their more compact packaging redesign because my track wheels are 17”.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Do you happen to have caliper/carrier/rotor weights for the Powerbrake 350 mm? With all the money i've saved with this covid business, i'm ready to shed some weight off this PP front setup. The added 10#/corner (as compared to the non-pp) really screws up the tossability :(

I don’t.
Was in a hurry to install my BBK and didn’t weigh mine.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I don’t.
Was in a hurry to install my BBK and didn’t weigh mine.
No worries, i'll just refer to their nonexistent website and support, both remenicient of an abandoned myspace account. That is making me not want to deal with them and accept the APR tax, since PB can't be bothered to update their website in 10 years. I mean, their website is almost completely free of useful information, except for vague representations of their products with no prices or hard specs. What the heck.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'd love to see if those 350mm rotors would work with my Macan calipers. Hmmmmmm.

Navi

Autocross Champion
No worries, i'll just refer to their nonexistent website and support, both remenicient of an abandoned myspace account. That is making me not want to deal with them and accept the APR tax, since PB can't be bothered to update their website in 10 years, the cunts. I mean, their website is almost completely free of useful information, except for vague representations of their products with no prices or hard specs. What the fuck.

why so mad, what did PB do to you?

Why don't you try calling them.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I'd love to see if those 350mm rotors would work with my Macan calipers. Hmmmmmm.

For the 6-piston kit it’s a 350x34mm wide rotor. So that one will likely be too wide.

I seem to recall them having a 350x32 rotor for their 4-piston, but I’m not certain.