Car(s)
GTI
New belts and steering wheel are in.

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
hey man! really love your build. first time seeing it here on the forums. I'm curious about your is38 turbo upgrade. I noticed you had it balanced, is this something you recommend doing after buying an oem turbo? I just recently bought an H revision is38 kit from ECS tuning. I'm planning on pairing it with a APR front mount, and a CTS turbo downpipe(catted) I'm also interested in the software your running, what kind of gains have you made? is it stable, and does the company offer support? Thank you in advance! Really appreciate any help I can get~

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
hey man! really love your build. first time seeing it here on the forums. I'm curious about your is38 turbo upgrade. I noticed you had it balanced, is this something you recommend doing after buying an oem turbo? I just recently bought an H revision is38 kit from ECS tuning. I'm planning on pairing it with a APR front mount, and a CTS turbo downpipe(catted) I'm also interested in the software your running, what kind of gains have you made? is it stable, and does the company offer support? Thank you in advance! Really appreciate any help I can get~

Thanks man, I appreciate the words.

GPop Shop was all the rave a year ago, everyone was balancing turbos thinking it was the issue that some were blowing. But then people started to think otherwise. In my opinion on a new turbo it is not something that you have to do. I bought my IS38 used so I had it disassembled, rebuilt and balanced all at the same time, just for peace of mind.

I had the car dyno tuned for a livable tune, the exact way I wanted it. Not aggressive by an means, and it makes a just over 330whp and 350wtq on 93. I have no interest in running fuel mixtures or meth, so this is perfect for me. The final tune left me with power and a curve I am very very happy with.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that supports these tunes out west except for in AZ. They are based out of Greece and have dealers here that facilitate the tuning sessions. I used one in NJ.

Feel free to PM if anything else comes up. Happy to help.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man, I appreciate the words.

GPop Shop was all the rave a year ago, everyone was balancing turbos thinking it was the issue that some were blowing. But then people started to think otherwise. In my opinion on a new turbo it is not something that you have to do. I bought my IS38 used so I had it disassembled, rebuilt and balanced all at the same time, just for peace of mind.

I had the car dyno tuned for a livable tune, the exact way I wanted it. Not aggressive by an means, and it makes a just over 330whp and 350wtq on 93. I have no interest in running fuel mixtures or meth, so this is perfect for me. The final tune left me with power and a curve I am very very happy with.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone that supports these tunes out west except for in AZ. They are based out of Greece and have dealers here that facilitate the tuning sessions. I used one in NJ.

Feel free to PM if anything else comes up. Happy to help.

Thank you so so much! I really appreciate you answering all of my questions! I'll be sure to DM you if I have any questions in the future. really appreciate your time. Keep inspiring with your awesome build!!!

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
I read the whole thing and genuinely enjoyed it. This is a very beautiful and special CSG GTI. I never would have appreciated these wheels until I saw them on your car. With the CSG paint and the Audi BBK w/VW lettering, they work beautifully. Ditto on the slightly stretched 235/40 Firehawk tires.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Lime Rock is on my bucket list, but I live an eternity away for now... :-(

I'd love to fly out there and rent a car for a weekend to race on.

Thanks for sharing some great photos so we can better appreciate your build!

Cheers, bud.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
damn son, no updates?

Well it's been a while but here are a number of updates:

Suspension
H&R Performance Plus Coilovers were put on replacing the PSS10s

Engine/Drivetrain
USP Motorsports Tear Duct Intake
034 Turbo Muffler Delete (not installed yet)
034 upper and lower dogbone insert (not installed yet)

Exterior
MK7.5 Rep Tail lights with dynamic blinkers
Dynamic side mirror turn signals
Aerofabb spoiler extension (not installed yet)

Wheels:
Konig Ampliforms 18x8.5 with 8mm spacers up front and 10mm in rear with Blizzaks for winter
034 stud kit

Other:
CF fuse box cover (I don't really know why)

I will update the main post and add more pictures.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
When you say the front endlinks are a weak spot on a lowered car, what do you mean?

Lowering the car puts added stress on factory end links which are extremely small. Also when lowering the links are no longer the proper length so they do't articulate as they should when pushing the car. The are also known to lead to clunking and such. For about $100 you can't go wrong, strong and adjustable endlinks really make the front end feel more solid through spirited driving.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lowering the car puts added stress on factory end links which are extremely small. Also when lowering the links are no longer the proper length so they do't articulate as they should when pushing the car. The are also known to lead to clunking and such. For about $100 you can't go wrong, strong and adjustable endlinks really make the front end feel more solid through spirited driving.
Thanks, I may just upgrade then. Love your build.