GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Volkswagen Golf sportwagen SE MK7 MBI2 Inforainment system malfunction.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
"A lot of faulty stuff" is radio randomly turning off and not working apple play not working this amplifier going bad. MetalAlpha is the second person now contacting me about this amp issue so that along with other forums is my source of info. Please look it up yourself. There are tons of people complaining about he MBI2 infotainment system.

Tons of people complaining specifically about '17's rebooting. I read these forums daily and don't see complaints about the earlier units - VERY rarely does anyone have a problem.

"A lot of faulty stuff" apparently meant that one unit. Hopefully it's easily resolved under warranty.

Miasnick94

Okay man whatever you say. Im not here to argue lol. I made this post so others can see and hopefully fix their issue and not go through what I went through to find the issue. If you wanna look like the smart tech guy here... all yours my man.

Amkelly 28

Hoping someone can help. 2016 golf sportwagen and off and on since I’ve owned it CarPlay wouldn’t work when I plugged phone in. I usually never used blue tooth but since I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this I’ve realized that quit working at some point too. I was told last year it’s an Apple iPhone X problem but I don’t buy that. Now I’m out of warranty and dealership wants $170 to troubleshoot and update radio. What can I do. Phone doesn’t pair with blue tooth says phone not available when I push button. Won’t acknowledge phone over cord. Tried changing cord and rebooting, restored factory settings. Nothing!