GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI: white or night blue?

funboi

Passed Driver's Ed
Help me decide whether to get night blue or white gti?

The white gti accentuates and enhances the front bumper grill which makes it look great. But the night blue doesn't give that effect to the front bumper.

What to do?

I currently have a white mk6 tdi.

Last edited:

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
Night Blue. That's my bias opinion. I would go with the color that makes you smile the biggest.

cozinsky

Ready to race!
You can't go wrong with white. It's the most practical colour and looks awesome. Moreover, it contracts the black sunroof and red GTi logos very well!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
You can't gor far wrong with white, or silver (as I might have on another day), why not try Nite Blue for a change. If you can't decided visit you local VW dealer and see if the have a Nite Blue car for you to walk around and to / away from to see whther it's for you. Prob best to tell them what you are doing and why :D....

missmama

Help me decide whether to get night blue or white gti?

The white gti accentuates and enhances the front bumper grill which makes it look great. But the night blue doesn't give that effect to the front bumper.

What to do?

I currently have a white mk6 tdi.

will the Night Blue be available in Canada for the 2016s ?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I like white and from a maintenance point of view as it is fairly easy to maintain. I tend to stay away from darker colors because of maintenance and how much they show, and white looks good.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Night Blue is gorgeous but does require upkeep, shows scratches easily, etc. White or Blue was my suggestion and my GF went with the blue. Beautiful when cleaned.

supernova_inc

Passed Driver's Ed
The blue looks awesome I think in the sun. I personally wanted a white one though. I love it and really enjoy the look of the front end with LP. Good luck with whichever you choose.

The blue is very nice, but white is the new black. Seems it has regained huge popularity around the world. Easier to look after, looks great with accent features, best for re-sale value.
FWIW not only GTI's look good in white, my one month old wagon also looks great in white.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Obviously color choices are sooooo subjective, besides the whole "keeping clean" aspect. If you ask me, the Night Blue on these cars is a super boring blue, very disappointed VW didn't keep the MK6's Shadow Blue for the MK7. It just lacks character. It's like any other "dark blue" you see on a honda or toyota or whathaveyou. I think the white looks better. But that's me! I got CSG, couldn't be happier with my choice.

Oh, and in hot climates white is way cooler than dark heat-absorbing paints. Easier on the aircon...