GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI - the sensible car..

_baz

Ready to race!
CSG GTI - Fifteen52's ?

Now I have taken delivery of my car I thought I should do a little journal to document any changes. (Although this car has been bought as a "grown up, sensible car that doesn't need modding")

First of all a "Quick" pictorial run down of a few of my previous cars...

2004 VW Bora TDI which was bought in 2007 and kick started my love of modifying German cars.

It soon had coilovers and then bags and numerous sets of OEM+ wheels and some smoothing of the bodywork ..

Final look before being returned to stock and sold:

Then I bought another mk4 but this time a wagon ..

2002 Golf Estate TDI :

This went down a very similar route with the bags and the wheels ..

Next was a 2007 B7 A4 Avant TDI

By now you can see a pattern forming here, was only a matter of a few months until it was bagged ...

DTM Bumper fitted and painted ..

more wheels ..

Sorry for the huge amount of pictures, I tend to get carried away taking them and like to share ! :) :eek:

Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
great cars!

all you need is a tune in the Mk7 and it's a beast.

_baz

Ready to race!
Forgot to mention the GTI !

So, I ordered back at the end of September 2015 expecting a February delivery but as luck would have it the build date was bought forward and it eventually arrived at the Dealer between Christmas and New Year. after a few trips back and forth signing paperwork I eventually picked it up on 11/01/2016

5DR
Carbon Steel Grey
220PS
DSG
App-Connect

Loving it so far ! So refined and comfortable. Can't wait until its got a few hundred miles under its belt and I can drive it properly :)

_baz

Ready to race!
Nice, I see you've blocked off the power symbol from the head unit too, I don't know why vw bother with it.

They could have saved up enough money to put some soft touch material on the sunglasses holder if they left that symbol off !

Just noticed that today. I wear glasses to drive so thought I'd store them up in the designated holder, only to find that it's one of the places that they skimped on and used hard plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_baz

Ready to race!
I am either the worlds most unlucky or the worlds most stupid man.

I decided to trust the rear parking sensors as opposed to my eyes and reversed into my own house. You cannot believe how pissed off I am !! Looks to have dented the tailgate below the original crease and left a mark where it hit the window sill.

This is why I can't have nice things

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
Lol you berk. That's why I'm glad I went for the camera. It's useful in the dark with the heavy tint on the rear windows.

Hopefully your mate will be able to fix it up ok.

_baz

Ready to race!
Lol you berk. That's why I'm glad I went for the camera. It's useful in the dark with the heavy tint on the rear windows.

Hopefully your mate will be able to fix it up ok.

Not even a week old and I crashed into my own house ! If I don't laugh about it I'll cry !

Gonna assess the damage in the morning when it's light and see how bad it is.
I'm thinking if I can get the interior panel off then I can pop the dent out from inside.

_baz

Ready to race!
Gave the GTI it its first wash today as we had decent weather without any rain or frost..
Citrus pre cleaner then Snow Foamed..

Managed to get some use out of my Carbon Collective React:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I am either the worlds most unlucky or the worlds most stupid man.

I decided to trust the rear parking sensors as opposed to my eyes and reversed into my own house. You cannot believe how pissed off I am !! Looks to have dented the tailgate below the original crease and left a mark where it hit the window sill.

This is why I can't have nice things

whys it in the shop?

Getting it ready for round 2.....