GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI Drive Mode button not working

Quinton95

Hi guys,
I have a problem and hope that maybe someone on here can help me. So my car is a 2016 GTI ClubSport. It has been retrofitted with an Active Info Display. Recently I needed the dealer to program a spare key, since my original spare key was broken. They did so, and in the process screwed up the whole coding of my car since it has an active info display retrofitted. It took them some time to reprogram everything to work with the display. Just now I found out that the only thing that is still not working is my driving Mode button (left next to the gear lever). This worked perfectly fine before (car is equipped with DCC).
Now when they screwed up my software with the programming of the keys, the infotainment system went into Component Protection mode. They took this off again at the dealership. I read somewhere that this may have caused some parameters in my gateway to get lost and as a result the driving mode button doesn't work anymore. When I press it, it just light up for 1 second and then goes back to normal again. No driving modes are showing up on the infotainment screen like they used to. We already checked with VCDS to see if the Driving Mode function was still activated, it still is, so that is not the problem...
Hope someone can help ! would be greatly appreciated !