GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I mean, it is mostly open. They haven't locked production of part numbers to VINs like they did back in the day on the Thunderbunny stuff. The compilation here will give you a pretty good majority of the p/ns listed for the CS and CSS.

Kingbambino22

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R
I mean, it is mostly open. They haven't locked production of part numbers to VINs like they did back in the day on the Thunderbunny stuff. The compilation here will give you a pretty good majority of the p/ns listed for the CS and CSS.
I mean to walk into any VW dealer and order the parts for my car or even when parts wear out I can get them as replacement parts during dealer service. I'm tired of the online ordering and certain shops to get parts. Been there done that. I do appreciate the companies and shops who do offer the options though. Plus I lived in Europe once. I know how easy it is to get a car any way you wanted it from the dealer. The USA use to be like that once upon a time..............

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I tried searching the thread for the part numbers for CSS springs and didn't see anything.

Anyone knows those part numbers?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I tried searching the thread for the part numbers for CSS springs and didn't see anything.

JPEG picture in second post on this actual thread..

1578344537028.png

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

From my research, unless you have a 2-door manual GTI without a back seat. They won’t be suitable.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
JPEG picture in second post on this actual thread..

View attachment 162530

I feel stupid. Used the post search and stated working backwards.

After looking at that attachment, I don't see rear springs listed.

It looks like the fronts are from the Golf R though. A buddy just gave me the springs from his manual R, so as long as they're a little lower and stiffer than GTI, I should be good.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I feel stupid. Used the post search and stated working backwards.

After looking at that attachment, I don't see rear springs listed.

It looks like the fronts are from the Golf R though. A buddy just gave me the springs from his manual R, so as long as they're a little lower and stiffer than GTI, I should be good.

could be just because they all use the GTI PP springs listed....the Clubsport used a combination of GTI PP & R parts...with some RS3 parts...

Enthusiast5587

Car(s)
16' GTI S PP 6sp
I found the part number for the Clubsport S lower and upper subframe bushings in this thread on page 10 (5Q0198037C). Does anyone have any experience with these? I am trying to decide if the 034 density line bushings or the CSS bushings are a better option.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VW went out of there way to improve the car while keeping it very civil, so I don't think you can go wrong with the CSS parts, but the decision between an OEM upgrade and an aftermarket upgrade usually comes down to what you do with the car. If it's a daily driver that you commute in 30 to 60 min each way to work every day, then an OEM upgrade makes sense. If you're a track rat or drag racer and you care more about performance than your car NVH, then get the more aggressive option. Also, some people are fine with more NVH in their daily, if that's you, go more aggressive. I drove some loud and harsh when younger, and it didn't bother me. Today, I always lean towards OEM upgrades or the milder of the aftermarket options because I just don't want to be beat up driving my car anymore.

Enthusiast5587

Car(s)
16' GTI S PP 6sp
Thanks for the quick reply. From what I've read about the 034 aftermarket option, there is no increased NVH as only the durometer of the rubber has been increased. Was just curious if any other members have installed the CSS bushings as I haven't had much luck in my search where anyone went this route. Great reviews for the 034 bushings...thinking the same could be said for the CSS bushings also. I may order both to determine which feel firmer. The OEM bushings are simply one of the weakest points in this car, and I must replace them soon.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the quick reply. From what I've read about the 034 aftermarket option, there is no increased NVH as only the durometer of the rubber has been increased. Was just curious if any other members have installed the CSS bushings as I haven't had much luck in my search where anyone went this route. Great reviews for the 034 bushings...thinking the same could be said for the CSS bushings also. I may order both to determine which feel firmer. The OEM bushings are simply one of the weakest points in this car, and I must replace them soon.
I have. I even shot multiple videos on it from installing to impressions on street and track. Short version. It’s a great upgrade. How it should have been in the first place.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Great to hear your impressions. Would love to see those videos...are they on YouTube?

Yep they are. Warning, they are pretty terrible.

removed links as we aren’t taking about LCA’s like I thought we were

Last edited: