GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 1.4 TSI Match 7 speed DSG Oil Change & Type Query

vish1

I have a 2016 1.4 TSI Match ( 92 kw) 7 speed DSG which has just done 40K miles. The Gearbox Type code that is mentioned in the Service Book is RES.
I am not sure which DSG name & clutch type this gearbox relates e.g. DQ200 or DQ250 or something else and whether this is wet or a dry clutch.

Does anyone know if this DSG gearbox needs an oil change at 40K miles, or is it a sealed unit for life.

Any help with the above, would be really appreciated. VWUK couldn't help me with the info.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
0CW gearbox...two oils

gear oil selection of 1.7lts...& different one for the hydraulic mechatronics unit of 0.9lts...

& can't find anything regarding intervals in my schedules which are valid to 2018...

vish1

Great, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, this is the OCW gearbox. I only presume this is not a sealed unit for life and would need the oil change sooner or later.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Great, thanks for your quick response.

Yes, this is the OCW gearbox. I only presume this is not a sealed unit for life and would need the oil change sooner or later.

I don't have the latest info & no changes are specified on the info I have...BUT VW have been changing their info & stuff that was sealed for life, now has change intervals...!!

vish1

No worries, appreciate your efforts in trying to dig around the details.

Btw, from the info that u have, would you happen to know if this OCW gearbox is a wet or dry type clutch and if it is DQ200 or DQ250 or something. Sorry to bother you.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The 0CW is a renamed 0AM gearbox first introduced in 2007.....dry clutches...& I think is a DQ200...

vish1

Thanks Dave. U were spot on it being a DQ200. I plugged in the obdeleven and it displayed the same in the transmission control module.

I did notice one thing in the software version, it shows current version 0612 and new version exists (0616). Not sure what that means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200118-095413_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-095413_OBDeleven.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 498

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I did notice one thing in the software version, it shows current version 0612 and new version exists (0616). Not sure what that means.

Software update..it requires from the dealership I think...there have been a few for the DSG....I had one for the electric parking brake..done free...so contact UKVW give them the reg/VIN...

Slick99

Ready to race!
No worries, appreciate your efforts in trying to dig around the details.

Btw, from the info that u have, would you happen to know if this OCW gearbox is a wet or dry type clutch and if it is DQ200 or DQ250 or something. Sorry to bother you.
its DQ200 gearbox dry type clutch, i have 7spd dsg gearbox on my A3 1.8T btw 0CW is software # and 0AM is hardware # of DQ200 gearbox

Mars90

Car(s)
1.4TSI Golf 2018
Coming late to the thread, but do you know what Oils (part numbers_ should I get for this 0CW gearbox?

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Gear oil is a GL4+ 75w, hydraulic oil is a semi or full synthetic hydraulic fluid. We use a Liqui-Moly product in our work shop
And we recommend replacing the gear oil every 50-60kms, just like a standard manual gearbox, as the “sealed for life” idea is a self fulfilling prophecy…

Last edited: