GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 TDI IRS swap

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have it bolted up right now without the spring in naturally because it doesn’t have an upper mounting location but this is what it looks like with a wheel put on

Have you cycled the suspension to see how it sits at ride height and compressed?

The easy solution would be to run a true coilover so you don’t need a spring perch at all.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Have you cycled the suspension to see how it sits at ride height and compressed?

The easy solution would be to run a true coilover so you don’t need a spring perch at all.

Forgot about this thread...& yes you are correct about running a true coilover to get rid of the spring perch problem......(why didn't I remember that....:unsure:..(muppet))..

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Anybody got a link or know of any rear true coilovers for the rear? I'm not interested in installing them, just want to see them.

Edit: Found these, which may work for what the OP is trying to do. It also may not since OP is swapping in Mk6 rear suspension parts. It of course excludes the TDI (because torsion beam) but then, OP's car is no longer torsion beam so...
https://ksportusa.com/product/volks...60-p2/?swoofs=1&vehicles=volkswagen-golf-2015

Last edited: