GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 MK7 TDI Tuned and a blast to drive

dubfamily

Passed Driver's Ed
I know there are lots of discussions going on about tunes for the new mk7 TDI 2.0L. And you have different companies like APR, MALONE, GIAC, REVO, to mention a few. And different folks swear by the brands they like or have used. The only difference with the tune that I used is; I have control to uninstall and reinstall the tune(s) anytime I want. I do not have to go back to my "tuning" company and pay that "extra" money, if for example, a flash is made by the dealer and I loose my tune. On top of that, I have 3 different tunes available to me of which, I use 2. The reason I say this is; if it matters, being able to have control of your tune is an important thing. To use it when YOU want to and not use it when YOU don't want to.

YEAR: 2015
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Golf TDI 2.0L
Manual/Standard 6 speed.
Specs: Stock (150 hp). Red tune: (182 hp) = Gain (22 hp).
Specs: Stock (236 lb/ft Torque). Red tune (313 lb/ft torque) = a 32% increase.

These are done within the safety parameters of the car's engine. I have pulled up to 331 lb/torque on my old TDI.

Attachments

• sico3.JPG
    sico3.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,521
  • sicko2.JPG
    sicko2.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,372
  • sico1.JPG
    sico1.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,485
  • frontgtd.JPG
    frontgtd.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,516
  • tune1.JPG
    tune1.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,463
  • tune2.JPG
    tune2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,435

jmonster141

Interesting, TDI club only knows of one ECU tune for the NA Mk7s. I'll keep my eye on this. I'm more interested in what further potential this engine has with emissions removal (DPF, EGR, DEF), on top of a turbo upgrade with bigger nozzles and higher flow fuel pump, etc. Maybe with this modular design, the Euro GTD engine has some beefier internals (cams, stiffer valve springs, etc...) that we could then build a monster EA288.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

dubfamily

Passed Driver's Ed
That would be interesting indeed. I think you would be able to get more info on European models as these have been out for about 4 years or so. Here is a video for you to look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrRo_1l4zHs

It would be great building a monster EA288.

Interesting, TDI club only knows of one ECU tune for the NA Mk7s. I'll keep my eye on this. I'm more interested in what further potential this engine has with emissions removal (DPF, EGR, DEF), on top of a turbo upgrade with bigger nozzles and higher flow fuel pump, etc. Maybe with this modular design, the Euro GTD engine has some beefier internals (cams, stiffer valve springs, etc...) that we could then build a monster EA288.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
So how does one get this tune? I've read several of your other posts. Nothing mentioning where to get it. I was under the understanding you didn't have a NA ea288.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UncleRusty

Hey, I'm new to this forum in particular but your tune does sound promising. Is there any reason why you can't just publicly announce it in this forum? Policy or something like that?

VW forums seem to have lots of weird rules coming from Mustang and DSM forums =p

goes2fast

Hey, I'm new to this forum in particular but your tune does sound promising. Is there any reason why you can't just publicly announce it in this forum? Policy or something like that?

VW forums seem to have lots of weird rules coming from Mustang and DSM forums =p
Ditto! :confused:

barisk

Ready to race!

tune of my 1.6 tdi, and same here! i can go back to unibstall the tune, and 3 modes on it. Its a dutch company very well known for their good tune and honesty

Last edited:

dubfamily

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey UncleRusty

Sorry for the late reply. Had not checked the post for a while. My friend will give you a better price when I mention my Vdub friends personally.