GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 GSW Custom Taillights

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Hi all,

I’d like to attempt designing my own tail lights to match the Golf R euro spec look. There are virtually no options for the wagons to have nice looking tail lights except for the 7.5 LED retro fit.

1. Has anyone performed this surgery before?

2. How can the tail lights be opened, via an oven to disturb the glue or cutting around the inner casing?

3. Any ideas to source a custom layout for the LED diodes to fit?

To be continued in the comment section…

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
If the mk7.5 LED lights fit, wouldn't the euro mk7.5 lights also fit, with the harness and coding? I don't know a whole lot about the wagons, but if a regular set of mk7.5 lights works then I wouldn't think it'd be any different than fitting the euro lights. Maybe there's something I'm missing.
Unfortunately, hatchbacks and wagons don’t have the same rear end.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
You are attempting to do something that will cost thousands of dollars to complete in any non-ghetto way

You probably are better off spending that money elsewhere.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
You are attempting to do something that will cost thousands of dollars to complete in any non-ghetto way

There isn’t really any other option at all. The GSW wasn’t a market to begin with for aftermarket manufacturers.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Thousands? To modify some lights?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
So I have to ask, why not just do the 7.5 euro led upgrade? I did and love it. Harness is easy enough to make and the tail lights used to be pretty well priced from e-acca.com when I picked up mine. Just some coding afterward and you're done with OEM quality.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
AKD Golf 7 Variant tail lights

No personal experience but maybe an option?
I did spot those around 2 months ago. A few personal preferences that don’t match with it. The indicator is in a weird location. The brake lights only create an inverted parallel design with no brightness difference and it’s AliExpress 😅 thanks for the share though.

Update on the tail light adapters you supplied for MK7 to MK7.5 tail lights; they’re going extremely well!

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
I have done this but I’d like to replicate the Golf R hatchback design. It’s not impossible.
So I have to ask, why not just do the 7.5 euro led upgrade? I did and love it. Harness is easy enough to make and the tail lights used to be pretty well priced from e-acca.com when I picked up mine. Just some coding afterward and you're done with OEM quality.