GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf TDI tune w/Dyno resuts

BoostCrzy

I recently picked up a 2015 Golf TDI and immediately explored the options for tuning....seeing as there seemed to be none available here in the states I saw Dubfamily's results an was intrigued. Thanks to his recommendation I was able to get a tune and am pretty pleased! here are the results.

The graph shows 3 levels of tuning....the Bottom line is the baseline....middle lines are the mid power level...and top lines are the aggressive tuning level.

Gains from baseline to aggressive are +20whp and +40wtq in the midrange. The car pulls nicely and is noticeably faster everywhere! I am still testing with the car but my initial impression is good. I will update as time goes by!

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Nice - thanks for the contribution and actually getting it on the dyno. I'm looking forward to seeing the results from Malone. Nice to see some progress for the ea288 engine.

nboard11

Let us know what effects it has on Fuel millage good or bad. Oh and mines black so wouldn't look a good but what are you running for wheels? They look great with the white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BoostCrzy

Let us know what effects it has on Fuel millage good or bad. Oh and mines black so wouldn't look a good but what are you running for wheels? They look great with the white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I would say the MPG is doing just fine! No harm from the tune.

Wheels are the stock 16in. Lowered on KW coilovers

Last edited:

BoostCrzy

rural country roads and 45mph gets over 70mpg with no problem....I honestly think I can get 80mpg if I try hard enough.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Which model engine is that? I don't see a standard engine rated at around 125bhp, I only see the 110 and the 150..

EDIT: Ah, the power scale have been cut off in the photo.. Therefore stock torque is about 185lbft and that means this is the 110PS 2.0 TDi, right?

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Then I'm confused because the 150PS is rated at 236lbft which is higher than the baseline in your engine torque graph. Unless I'm reading the graphs wrong ..

Mk620T

Ready to race!
I don't see the problem with the torque. Cars are usually overrated from manufacturers who use crank horsepower and torque whereas most dyno pulls measure wheel horsepower. That's why you do a baseline - doesn't matter how much you really make, looking for the improvement over baseline.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
I also get into the 70's occasionally. I can easily get 60mpg driving in the inner loop of Houston. But it's true, set the cruise at 45mph in 6th and the instant readout is generally 75-90mpg.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the graph says "eng torq" and "eng hp". Not wheel. Torque is capped by the engine management - that's why you can make such big gains with a rechip. It's rarely much off the stated manufacturer specs.
Doesn't matter of course, I was just curious because this seems to be a model I couldn't place based on those numbers.