GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf R - Strange start issues - Any suggestions?

ilikevenice

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Thattorquetho, thank you for your comment... definitely something to think about.​

In general I can drive for hundreds of miles, and still be able to turn the engine off and restart it immediately or after some time without problems.
The issue usually occurs when I drive aggressively (even for a few minutes), then I turn the car off and try to restart it after 30-60 minutes.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
The issue usually occurs when I drive aggressively (even for a few minutes), then I turn the car off and try to restart it after 30-60 minutes.
Worth checking out but it will help to know what "drive aggressively (even for a few minutes)" means. If you could provide a "script" maybe we can try and recreate it with our cars and at least say "Yeah, it happens to me" or "Nope, don't see it..." "High RPMs, Race Mode, etc." doesn't quite cover what you are doing.

ilikevenice

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Sorry about that…
I meant to say high rpms, race mode, quick accelerations, flooring the gas pedal, etc.
It works fine while driving, but if I then stop the vehicle and let it sit for an hour, it takes three attempts to get it started again.
On the first attempt it starts, but then dies right away…

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry about that…
I meant to say high rpms, race mode, quick accelerations, flooring the gas pedal, etc.
It works fine while driving, but if I then stop the vehicle and let it sit for an hour, it takes three attempts to get it started again.
On the first attempt it starts, but then dies right away…
Yep, mine does not do this! I don't drive like a maniac but do goose it now and then but I have never experienced this behavior from my '18 R.