GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Torque Limiter/Launch Problems

Has anyone figured out a way to disable or bypass that stuped torque limiter with VCDS??:mad::mad: The car launches very bad. I tried pulling the ABS fuse. it seems to work 100% but car goes into limb and doesn't wana engage launch after a few KMs.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Tried without succès :-(

Using VCDS, noticed a channel in the ABS module called "engine drag torque limit" (or something similar). This *might* be it, but despite using the 20103 security access code, which was accepted, I could not choose the "deactivate" option...

Whoever finds the trick gets my eternal gratitude (and a bottle of Corbières wine ;-)

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
subbed...

I am still curious as to how none of this is picked up by any review of the car, outside of a mention for C&D's long term car. Its such an obvious problem...

LeGti

Ready to race!
To be fair, most reviews complain about overbearing electronic nannies. They just don't go into detail.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
TBH, the ESC is not at all overbearing until you are purposely trying to throw the car sideway. But the launch problem is there all the time. And they do timed 0-60 testing and no one picked it up? I almost feel the press car might be setup differently...

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
My car launches about as hard as a FWD car can, what transmission do you have?

LeGti

Ready to race!
TBH, the ESC is not at all overbearing until you are purposely trying to throw the car sideway. But the launch problem is there all the time. And they do timed 0-60 testing and no one picked it up? I almost feel the press car might be setup differently...

Agreed; you might be onto something.

LeGti

Ready to race!
UR, thanks! Figured out I was barking up the wrong tree & fixed my post in the PP ESC OFF thread...

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
In the engine control module under adaptation you can disable "protection function". This may be what you need to do. If you look at advanced measuring values under the engine control module, location 313 is "limitation, torque of clutch protection". I would think these would be related, but haven't confirmed. Give it a shot.

In the engine control module under adaptation you can disable "protection function". This may be what you need to do. If you look at advanced measuring values under the engine control module, location 313 is "limitation, torque of clutch protection". I would think these would be related, but haven't confirmed. Give it a shot.

Nice. Have you tried it?? Would like to give it a shot

glina126

Ready to race!
2015 mt GTIs here and I have got this issue :(

I have ESC OFF and it still cuts off the throttle when it gets too much torque :/ I'm running the JB1 at +5.2 in temperatures of 5C and less