GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Torque Limiter/Launch Problems

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Bump! Any updates from anybody? Just got my OBDeleven but not comfortable enough yet to mess with anything other than known working tweaks

glina126

Ready to race!
Bump! Any updates from anybody? Just got my OBDeleven but not comfortable enough yet to mess with anything other than known working tweaks

I have noticed that if I roll on the throttle slower I can spin the wheels at red line. This makes me think that there is some sorts of over torque (instant/derivative (math)) limit that is in place. This could be to protect the clutch from slipping maybe? The car detects an over instant torque condition and cuts power to protect the clutch. This is only speculation based on what I have seen. Rolling on to the throttle slower let's me spin the wheels in 2nd gear at red line without any issues.

Seeing many dyno graphs for this car, torque spikes really quickly

I haven't found anything with vag com...

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Sub'd
I also have ESC fully disabled but still get some intervention when pushing 1st or 2nd. Something in the system doesn't allow the car to rev freely(completely) and I'm almost 100% sure that its only in a straight line.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
im confused on whats happening here is it only from a complete stop?
at like 2mph if i punch it mine spins all the way to redline.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Just want to jump in here really quick and tell people to keep in mind that our cars use a boost by gear setup. So you will not have all available torque until 3-4th gear. Also yes, even with ECS fully off, ASR and TC can still intervene.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I have noticed that on all seasons I get no Torque limit, the wheels just spin, but on drag radials I get an ignition/fuel cut in 1st and 2nd gear. I have ECS fully disabled, but I have no clue how to disable the torque limiter. Has anyone tested pulling the ABS fuse?

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I have noticed that on all seasons I get no Torque limit, the wheels just spin, but on drag radials I get an ignition/fuel cut in 1st and 2nd gear. I have ECS fully disabled, but I have no clue how to disable the torque limiter. Has anyone tested pulling the ABS fuse?

All testing was done in closed, private road without any traffic or imminent danger.

Tested a few first gear launches. It seems the system tries to prevent wheel hop. If i rev to 4k or so, slightly slip the clutch and push the gas all the way.. the car just spins and burns freely to redline.
On the other hand if i don't rev so highly and launch, without pushing the gas all the way as if allowing the car to catch grip, i constantly got a bit of hop and the traction kicked in. This is all with ESC OFF.
Another test, a slow 180 degree turn in first.. punch gas and hold, smoked them all the way through, no intervention. No ESC or anything. Again, seems it just tries to prevent wheel hop when it notices the car's wheels lose grip, grab, lose..

Pretty good.

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Hmm,
With ESC Sport I think I understand your problem.. It's like the traction control is still on, so the car bogs.
With ESC OFF I don't get the problem. I get wheelhop instead... Even though I have the 034 Motorsport insert.
I'll get vcds 15.x within the next week's so I can check my values if someone tells me what to check.
I've a Leon Cupra so should be possible to copy my stock settings.

Sent using my fingers

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I have finally been able to get on my car to test this out. I have no issues with torque limiting with ESC off. I've got a 2016 PP 6MT. I still need to play with it more, but as long as my ESC is off, I haven't had issues... Now if ESC is on, that's a different story. It's typical TC kicking in and cutting power. It's a night and day difference for me when it's off.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
ESC off with DSG tune. If I use LC I get what feels like TC interference. Going to track tomorrow, I will test out different launches

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Did some pulls from a dig today on my way home from work...

Bone stock 6MT GTI PP
ESC off and XDS set to "not active"

Full throttle + clutch dump = very little slip then TC/torque limiter kicks in
80% throttle + clutch dump = roasted the tires, no TC or limiter.

Both wheels spin so I assume LSD is working well

Gonna try some pulls another day while feathering the clutch and I'll be back with updates. Trying to find the best possible way to launch this car without any interference.

Last edited:

Yomny1

Ready to race!
My case exactly, only my tc doesn't intervene when I press gas 100%. If I do less throttle then the TC comes in. This could have its factors to confided, maybe road conditions or other things. Seems to be a pattern as to when the tc comes in and when it doesn't

I also have xds not active and ESC off.