GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Torque Limiter/Launch Problems

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Ah, so same thing my 135i had in a way, except that could be removed and didn't need replaced with anything else. No i am still stock there.
Question, is this traction control issue only on stock tune/piggy back cars or are vehicles with various tunes having the same issues?

You can remove the internal yellow orifice on the stock one. No need to replace with the ECS piece.

When I launched my R at 6000 rpm, I had no bog, just some slip (it was a clutch dump, but it was about half a second before the pedal fully released and hit the bottom of my shoe). I want to remove the orifice and give it a go. Maybe I'll poke around with the VCDS and see if I can find anything else suspect.

Helltime

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if an aftermarket tune solves this issue? I am wondering if it is something in the ecu that actually has to be tuned out and cannot be adjusted or removed via vagcom (just like the factory speed limiter)

glina126

Ready to race!
I really want to go to a nearby drag strip to test out my setup.. Without this nanny removed I won't even think of going :( it will bog down and I will lose time

I should look into making a device that will fool the ECU and remove all the restrictions such as the speed limit or the traction control...

A piggy back like device ;)

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if an aftermarket tune solves this issue? I am wondering if it is something in the ecu that actually has to be tuned out and cannot be adjusted or removed via vagcom (just like the factory speed limiter)

Stage 2 tune here, it does not solve the bogging problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helltime

Ready to race!
Stage 2 tune here, it does not solve the bogging problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then traction control is completely turned off (with vagcom mod) and the light still flashes and cuts in?

VWGTI

Ready to race!
So then traction control is completely turned off (with vagcom mod) and the light still flashes and cuts in?

I haven't had a change to get my hands on the vagcom, so no. However, I'm not pulling quite hard enough to enable to traction control, yet even the DSG decides to bog a little. I think for us though, a DSG tune would help get rid of this.

Helltime

Ready to race!
This thread has nothing to do with traction control.

The issue could be related, that is what I am trying to find out, when this "bog" happens is the traction control light flashing at all even with everything disabled via vagcom. When my car falls flat on its face the light also flashes even though everything is switched off.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Bump, are we any closer to a solution? It is specific to the 6mt's so there has to be something coded somewhere causing this. Those of us that bought ross-tech, maybe we should send them an email? Would they be able to help? Some VW engineer?

LeGti

Ready to race!
Seems both DSG and MT cars are concerned.

LeGti

Ready to race!
I'd describe the "torque limit" the same way most do: it feels exactly like an ignition cut & fuel cut, possibly throttle cut as well, at the same time. Usually in 1st & 2nd years (but have seen it in 3rd & 4th, once in 5th while cresting a sharp hill).

Fuel, ignition, throttle being all three ecu controlled, the program lines have to be in there somewhere. But VAG probably burried that code deep. Do the big players in the canned tune business offer a solution?

Makes one wonder which part VAG was trying to protect most!
Axles?
Engine mounts?
Suspension bushings?
All of the above, possibly... Maybe to spare the brakes, or the VAQ, or... the driver from his/her self ;-)

Sorry for the rambling, but here's another tidbit of data: switching from sticky summer tires to no-grip winters clearly demonstrates that the torque limit's interventions are proportionate to grip. No grip, no torque limit.

Helltime

Ready to race!
Probably won't find one unless a tuner chimes in with a fix. I am sure it's too deep in the ecu for most of us to access it