GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Torque Limiter/Launch Problems

Helltime

Ready to race!
Might be a stupid question, but any chance this is related to engine temp or time running? It seems that when mine acts up (I have the vagcom ECS off mod, and first thing I always do when I get in any car is shut off all electronic nannies I can) and the only time I can seem to get this to act up is when the engine is not at 100% warmed up. Its so hard to pin point because mine does not interfere every time, sometimes i can roast the tires non stop in first and 2nd, sometimes it kicks on and kills the fun.

glina126

Ready to race!
Might be a stupid question, but any chance this is related to engine temp or time running? It seems that when mine acts up (I have the vagcom ECS off mod, and first thing I always do when I get in any car is shut off all electronic nannies I can) and the only time I can seem to get this to act up is when the engine is not at 100% warmed up. Its so hard to pin point because mine does not interfere every time, sometimes i can roast the tires non stop in first and 2nd, sometimes it kicks on and kills the fun.

I would say it's not temperature related though possible but I doubt it. Hell, I'll test it in 30 min when I get into the car (cold start going home) and post back later tonight. I'll try to spin the wheels in 1st without first warming up all the way and then again try to with the engine fully warmed up.

From what I noticed, it kicks in depending on what RPM (maybe speed?) you start. Once warmed up I'll try to clutch kick in 2nd at around 3-4K rpm. I'll see what happens and report back. I really want to solve this though, I hate nannies cutting me off when tires start spinning

glina126

Ready to race!
Ok.. So I have had a good chance to try out a few things and I have to say that the nannies still kick in even if you are not fully warmed up - needle at 1/4 position. I tried clutch kicking and it kicks in right away... First or second. It must be torque management of some sort :(

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
Ok.. So I have had a good chance to try out a few things and I have to say that the nannies still kick in even if you are not fully warmed up - needle at 1/4 position. I tried clutch kicking and it kicks in right away... First or second. It must be torque management of some sort :(
See post #11

Helltime

Ready to race!
Yeah it is completely random, 57 degrees leaving work, I started the car, shut everything off and punched it a block away around 20mph roll and had no problems spinning the tires in the corner as much as i wanted (exited the corner and hit wet pavement, so they spun a ways). I know its not good to do on a car when cold....but at this point it is going back when lease is up anyways. Tired of dealing with this nanny crap

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
Yeah it is completely random, 57 degrees leaving work, I started the car, shut everything off and punched it a block away around 20mph roll and had no problems spinning the tires in the corner as much as i wanted (exited the corner and hit wet pavement, so they spun a ways). I know its not good to do on a car when cold....but at this point it is going back when lease is up anyways. Tired of dealing with this nanny crap

Then just turn the nannies off with VCDS.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Does this actually work? Or it might work? I don't have a cable to try and play. :/ though if it does work then I can ask a forum member to give me a hand, till then I don't want to bother him or change something that I cannot reverse without his help again

My Golf R has been too busy collecting dust in my garage to actually go try it out. I might give it a go this weekend if I have time.

Helltime

Ready to race!
In the engine control module under adaptation you can disable "protection function". This may be what you need to do. If you look at advanced measuring values under the engine control module, location 313 is "limitation, torque of clutch protection". I would think these would be related, but haven't confirmed. Give it a shot.

After disabling protection function, issue is still there.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
After disabling protection function, issue is still there.

Out of curiosity, what is the value of the limitation torque? Both my Golf R and my 1.8t Jetta show 1024 NM. I find it really odd that they both would show the same. Have you also gotten rid of the clutch delay?

Helltime

Ready to race!
Limitation Torque is 336.4 Nm
Torque of clutch protection 1024.0 Nm
Clutch delay? Hardware or soft ware?

Helltime

Ready to race!
Hardware. On the Golf R there is a yellow orifice you can remove to increase clutch engagement response (the orifice slows down flow and causes the clutch to engage slower). The other option is the ECS bleeder block.

Ah, so same thing my 135i had in a way, except that could be removed and didn't need replaced with anything else. No i am still stock there.
Question, is this traction control issue only on stock tune/piggy back cars or are vehicles with various tunes having the same issues?