GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Locked ECU's how much longer??

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
What the heck does OPUD mean? Lol...I looked it up in the "slang" dictionary as well as known acronyms....still nothing.

Totally killed thread...with 4 letters lol.

Lmao I looked it up too I kept getting Orosi Public Utility District... I need answers

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
LMFAO!!!!!

Damn near made me spit out my coffee when I saw this!!!

This waiting for ECU being hacked into reminds me of waiting on financial statements to do annual reviews for the commercial credit department. Picture is spot on! Only good thing is its winter here in Ohio so hopefully this is fixed by spring if not JB1/JB4 looks like best option. A lot of sales being lost by tuning software companies if this isn't cracked .... only the shadow knows.....when.....

BzzzBom

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe APR's tendency to Over Promise and Under Deliver (OPUD) with respect to product launch timing is a way to keep APR fans from buying JB1 or GIAC tunes. I can't think of any other reason to pi$$ of their buyers who are waiting with money in hand. I hope I'm wrong and we are pleasantly surprised with a 2016 port flash ECU tune this week.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Maybe APR's tendency to Over Promise and Under Deliver (OPUD) with respect to product launch timing is a way to keep APR fans from buying JB1 or GIAC tunes. I can't think of any other reason to pi$$ of their buyers who are waiting with money in hand. I hope I'm wrong and we are pleasantly surprised with a 2016 port flash ECU tune this week.
Thank you for the OPUD explanation BzzzBom. I can finally get some sleep at night. :)

Very good post bro; does make one wonder if that is the reasoning.

Perfect example is:

Although, the 2016 GTI ECU tune is "good to go", they aren't releasing it TILL the 2016 R's ECU tune is ready...... What does the R's Tune not being ready have anything to do with the people waiting for the 2016 GTI tune?

Why risk losing the customers that are willing to pay YESTERDAY for the APR 2016 GTI tune possibly going to a JB1 or another tune if it was available? ??

"Elementary, my dear Watson"!!

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Apr said it would be released in time so we can get the tune on sale before there sale is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Right now it's 50degrees out in Nebraska when it should be snowing. Id like to enjoy the tune before it's to late and I have to wait till spring

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Not longer waiting... and this not until the R flash is released is total BS or a very bad business decision... Just ordered my JB1 5 minutes ago.

BzzzBom

Passed Driver's Ed
Apr said it would be released in time so we can get the tune on sale before there sale is over.

They also said "this week or next" and "any day" and "one day or one week." I went through the same thing with APR and my Audi. "Two weeks turned into a year."

jerry426

I also hope you're wrong and that we see a working port flash for 2016 this week! At the same time I can think of possible reasons for this delay - all of them worse than what I've seen mentioned as possibilities thus far:

??? Maybe they still haven't cracked the ECU security layer and this is a delay tactic (as you mentioned) meant to keep us from spending money on competitive options while they continue their brute force attack on the ECU security based on the assumption they'll eventually break through. I already have the JB1 and love it - and I'd consider waiting for the JB4 if George could give us hope on a release date but I know there's a lot of work and QA to be done on it before they could release it. So I sit here waiting with the rest of us - money in hand - for the "any day now" APR tune ???

??? Maybe VAG has made the new ECU's pretty much un-crackable for port flashing and nobody has realized this yet. ???

In fact, I'm ready right now to do the IS38 turbo upgrade but must wait until tuning for that is available. My car now has full bolt ons + the JB1 but really needs the larger turbo and appropriate tuning to overcome the "shortness of breath" it has in the upper RPM ranges inflicted by the smaller turbo.

??? Maybe by the end of the week this thread is totally dead because APR will release the 2016 tune TOMORROW (please!) ???