GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Locked ECU's how much longer??

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
You must be new here, "couple days" in APR language is a few months easy.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
So I have a 2016 GTI and have the impenetrable NSA encrypted ECU that is un flash-able. Can one of the ECU flash vendors just effing plz go hire a Russian, Chinese, or North Korean National to hack on of these things? Should only take them about 15 seconds and Ill gladly pay for their time... But seriously, to any '15 owners out there were the older ECU encrypted also or were they able to be flashed right away? I know you had to wait for the flash vendors to develop and test their products which would have taken awhile but I ask just to get an idea of how long newer ECU dopes might have to wait. I would rather have the ease of flashing which seems to give better performance gains also then have to break a finger nail with a piggy.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
The older ECU didn't have this big of a problem since the encryption wasn't hard to crack. Since they changed the encryption key, all these companies have to find out what it is in order to flash it. Just be patient, it'll be worth the wait. It takes a while to be able to get in a high security ECU and I'm sure all these companies are throwing everything they have to cracking it. In the mean time, spend some money prepping for the tune, like a downpipe or drop-in filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Apr said look for there release next week

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Yes

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)