GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015/2016 Locked ECU's how much longer??

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no such thing as uncrackable. :)

Exactly right Bro! APR and all the other major software tuners will figure this out because if they do not they will be out of business. Its frustrating to wait but what else can we do. I waited 5 months for my 2015 GTI so I guess I am learning to be patient. :D

kharma

Ready to race!
They will release it. And everyone who couldn't wait and got a JB1 will flock to the classifieds and make most of their money back. And life will move on... AND I'll be waiting ?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
They will release it. And everyone who couldn't wait and got a JB1 will flock to the classifieds and make most of their money back. And life will move on... AND I'll be waiting ?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I got the JB1, it will NOT be in the classifieds when a 2016 tune is released. It will go on the wifeys car. I will get a tune though, from whomever releases it first :) Not everyone bought the JB1 because no tune was available, most bought it to save their warranty. AND for what it is, it's a great product.

And their product support is incredible.

Have u driven a MK7 GTI/R with a JB1 installed? I get it, ur "patient", most of us were also, until we kept getting the " it will be out in a few days messages."

kharma

Ready to race!
Don't get me wrong, I'm fully behind either option. They're both solid choices for what they intend to be ... whenever available. JB1 is actually a better option for me, I leased my GSW because no better choice was on the market for what I wanted.

I'd rather see a thoroughly tested tune on the market than a hurried approach... which had been done in the past.

BzzzBom

Passed Driver's Ed
I would buy the JB1 today but they don't sell in California. I am a bit confused because the JB tunes are very popular in California. Where are the buyers getting them?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I would buy the JB1 today but they don't sell in California. I am a bit confused because the JB tunes are very popular in California. Where are the buyers getting them?

If you have a buddy that's out of state have him/her receive it and just send it to you. I would help you California guys out with this but it'll end up costing probably over $20 extra in shipping since I'm way over in Michigan.

VWGTI

Ready to race!

GTI2016

Ready to race!
But the APR flash is still dealer required right? This hasn't been made totally clear and Im sure quite a few will go with the first 2016 ECU flash available but having to do it through a dealer seems overkill and costly. Just wait for the others to release theirs. Pioneers take the arrows and the settlers take the land.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
But the APR flash is still dealer required right? This hasn't been made totally clear and Im sure quite a few will go with the first 2016 ECU flash available but having to do it through a dealer seems overkill and costly. Just wait for the others to release theirs. Pioneers take the arrows and the settlers take the land.

APR, REVO, and GIAC, are all still "dealer network" only flashes, you will have to go to an authorized shop.

Eurodyne and Unitronic have flash at home options, Unitronic also has a dealer network.

Companies so far that do the late model 2015/2016 ECUs? Zero.

Edit: JB1 you install yourself, supports all box ECUs so far, George@BMS offers pretty much top notch support as well.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
You guys should stay tuned for a nice announcement tomorrow morning. :)

Around 930 am :) regal Motorsports has a big mouth lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk