GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI MKVII Official Photos and Details (Euro Specs)

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Just read on the TDI Club sight that there will be NO 2 door Golf or GTI for the North America market. But the Golf R will be sold with the 2 door body. If that is the case no way am I giving up my Golf 2 door built in Germany Golf for a four door.

viper689

Ready to race!
Just read on the TDI Club sight that there will be NO 2 door Golf or GTI for the North America market. But the Golf R will be sold with the 2 door body. If that is the case no way am I giving up my Golf 2 door built in Germany Golf for a four door.

Complete opposite actually. Golf and GTI are available with both 2 and 4 door options, while the Golf R is only offered in 4 door.

mittenz

Ready to race!
Carbon Build-up

I have a feeling that with the increase in MPG they haven't solved the carbon build-up issue as adding a port injector would not aid in increasing mileage...

Anyone able to confirm the US/CAN version will run a port injection system?

AMPJ8

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes of course many on these forums, including myself, would change them. That being the case, why not pay homage to the original? ...they're trying to honor the original in many ways all over the car elsewhere. If someone has a problem they could change.

I like the car either way.

What I am happy about is the close-up picture of the dash. I like it! Many people believed it was solid gray, but closer up you can see the detail...

And another of the new wheel:

DAMN Winter! I won't be able to use my Santiago's until April ok will have to do with the Dijon's ;)

Phil1

Ready to race!
VOLKSWAGEN DEBUTS NEW GTI AT THE GENEVA AUTO SHOW

- Available with two levels of power for the first time: standard 220 horsepower or 230 hp with performance pack (European model)

- Offers 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy compared to previous GTI

- On sale in Europe starting in May, 2013

Wolfsburg, 27th February 2013 – Following tradition, Volkswagen will introduce the latest version of the Golf GTI at the Geneva International Motor Show. For the first time, the iconic hot hatch is available at launch with two power levels: 220 horsepower; or 230 hp with the optional performance pack.

The new GTI is powered by a turbocharged direct-injection gasoline engine (TSI®) that makes 220 hp and 258 pound-feet of torque in standard form. Volkswagen is offering a factory- installed performance pack for the first time, which boosts power to 230 hp. Both versions are equipped with a Stop-Start system, fulfill the EU-6 emissions standard that takes effect in 2014, and attain the same excellent DIN gas mileage figure of 39.2 mpg-which equates to 139 g/km of CO2-when equipped with the six-speed manual transmission. This means that the new GTI offers an 18 percent improvement in fuel economy compared to the previous model. With the optional six-speed DSG® dual-clutch automatic transmission, the 220- and 230-hp GTIs return 36.8 and 36.2 mpg respectively (equivalent to 148 and 150 g/km CO2).

The sporty nature of the Golf GTI is reflected in its red-painted brake calipers, twin chrome tailpipes, and a lowered sport suspension. The exterior of the compact hatchback also scores with 17-inch "Brooklyn" GTI wheels and 225/45 tires, special side skirts, a rear diffuser, and smoked LED taillights with LED license-plate illumination.

Visually, the interior is highlighted by sport seats with the "Clark" tartan pattern, a black headliner, and red ambient lighting. The car also offers classic GTI features such as a sport steering wheel, GTI shifter knob grip and instrument cluster, special trim inserts, and stainless- steel pedals and foot support.

Standard features include the progressive steering system; "Climatronic" automatic climate control; park assist; Volkswagen's latest touchscreen infotainment system; and a winter pack that includes heatable front seats. Customers can choose from three body colors: "Tornado Red", "Black" and "Pure White". In Germany, the car goes on sale in May with prices starting at 28,350 euros.

Overview.

Market launch in Europe: May 2013.
Debut of first-generation Golf GTI: 1976.
Engine: Four-cylinder TSI (turbocharged direct-injection).
Layout: front, transverse.
Displacement: 1984 cc.
Bore and stroke: 82.5 x 92.8 mm.
Compression ratio: 9.8:1.
Power: 220 hp (162 kW) @ 4500 rpm; Performance pack: 230 hp (169 kW).
Torque: 258 lb-ft (350 Nm) @ 2500 rpm.
Transmission/drive type: Manual six-speed; DSG six-speed dual-clutch; front-wheel drive. Fuel consumption/CO2 emissions (manual): 39.2 mpg; 139 g/km CO2.
Performance (manual): 0-62 mph in 6.5 sec: Max speed; 153 mph (230 hp: 6.4 sec; 155 mph). Unladen weight: 2978 lb (base version)
(*preliminary data)

220 hp in europe and 210 hp in north america, can someone explain why we don't have the same engine ?? By the way rear lights (LED) are awesome in europe, we don't have that here

Phil1

Ready to race!
220 hp in europe and 210 hp in north america, can someone explain why we don't have the same engine ?? By the way rear lights (LED) are awesome in europe, we don't have that here...

NHmk7GTI

Ready to race!
From what I have read the 10 hp less is due to programming made by VW to prevent turbo issues in USA due to warmer climate. It is to reduce chances for engine issues. Same engine, I think just programming. If you want more hp, go to APR and get tune. Gain back 50+hp.
You gain a lot more then 50 hp with APR.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
From what I have read the 10 hp less is due to programming made by VW to prevent turbo issues in USA due to warmer climate. It is to reduce chances for engine issues. Same engine, I think just programming.
Not the same engine. NA market GTIs come with direct injection only and -
if I got it right - different (dual) cats.
Power measures have always been different in the US vs rest of the world.