GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI MKVII Official Photos and Details (Euro Specs)

krische

vdubber in training
I assume that the US version will be packaged the sameway as the MK6 2011 going foward, and MKV. My dealer told me that we as American's generally dont like options, we like packages more. So I assume that it will have the same general packages.

It could get the Climatronic climate control, but my dealer said that when VW introduces a new model, they usually give it one or two options more in its first year of production for the US, then pull it (2006 GTI had dual zone climatronic, 2007-on did not. new Passat had climatronic, its been pulled for its second year, 2010 MK6 had RNS-510, 2011 on had RNS-315.) to help with boosting the initial sales of the vehicle...

I don't know but I think thats weird, and its safe to say if I get a MK7, most likely will be in the first production year...

I think VW going with packages was mostly for cost savings (fewer variations to build).

Also, don't forget, the first year of a new model usually gets more of the bells and whistles (since that is usually the only version reviewed by the press). For example, the 2010 MK6 had the RCD-510 (big touch screen radio) as a stock option. That was gone in 2011+.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
I think VW going with packages was mostly for cost savings (fewer variations to build).

Also, don't forget, the first year of a new model usually gets more of the bells and whistles (since that is usually the only version reviewed by the press). For example, the 2010 MK6 had the RCD-510 (big touch screen radio) as a stock option. That was gone in 2011+.

right. i just rather it not be a pretty decent option like dual-zone climatronic or the "whatever's better" navi that the MK7 might have. I was pretty salty when I got my 2011 that it didnt have the RNS-510...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So far here's what I'm hearing (NA Models):
- No Multiport injection for US models
- No nifty slide rail coolant pump
- No Performance package [Brakes and LSD] (Being petitioned by VWVortex to VWoA)
- 3 Colors upon release.

bluvv04

Ready to race!
- No Performance package [Brakes and LSD] (Being petitioned by VWVortex to VWoA)
- 3 Colors upon release.

Lol I don't understand VAG and VWoA sometimes...it's like a really competitive car (like the first Speed3 or the 265hp WRX) comes out, and the model that SHOULD compete with those cars stay over in Europe...smh it makes me want to look elsewhere for a car in this class...

mlatner

Passed Driver's Ed
- 3 Colors upon release.

Wow....that's a big deal breaker for me. I was going to wait but if that's true I'm just going to get an MK6.

DAS_STIG

Banned
- 3 Colors upon release.

if all true my next car = ford fiesta ST. what are your sources on this? especially the no performance package?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Wow....that's a big deal breaker for me. I was going to wait but if that's true I'm just going to get an MK6.

The no performance package is the deal breaker for me :confused:Was going to drop the Golf TDI and get a MK7. I think I may just get a 2nd MK6 or.....look somewhere else :(

Seems like a strange business model for growth in the US...people want a product, so don't give it to them...

If VW is listening....shut up and take my money!

Also give us the option of DSG on the next R, and maybe they won't be sitting on the lots forever... I would have bought one...

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
lol @ you guys tripping balls.. VW haven't even started production in Na. its just rumors. I don't make comments until something is actually official.