GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI MKVII Official Photos and Details (Euro Specs)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
:rolleyes:This is beyond awesome, I want one right now

I can't wait

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
But why only 3 color choices!!!!! I hope this changes

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Looks pretty good. Not sure about the little red lines in the headlights, kinda odd. They finally updated the tail lights (although I bet those are Euro only LOL).

Wheels are easy to change, overall looks pretty good. Not going to drop my '12 obviously, but I like it for the most part.

But it does seem to break from tradition. All the past GTI models could be split into pairs. The Mk2 was really just a facelift of the Mk1, very similar cars. Then the Mk3 was a vastly different (but still distinctly GTI) sign. The Mk4 was then a refinment and facelift of the Mk3. The Mk5 was another complete redesign....with the Mk6 coming in as a facelift of that.

Now the Mk7 appears to be just a facelift on the Mk6.

A brand new chassis and manufacturing architecture cannot by definition be called a facelift. Justsayin'

krische

vdubber in training
A brand new chassis and manufacturing architecture cannot by definition be called a facelift. Justsayin'

Also, aerodynamics and safety requirements have a huge effect on the design of a car. So it doesn't seem likely that there will be big changes to the exterior design of it anytime in the future.

krische

vdubber in training
It's funny to look at this thread and the intro thread from the beginnings of golfmk6.com. http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441

Many naysayers. I will say, however, that the press release is better quality for the Mk6. Looks like they took pictures of the actutal car rather than gussied up solid model renderings :rolleyes:

And before you know it, VW will announce the R model and then everyone will go on about how "it's not worth the extra money", "not as powerful as an EVO/STI", etc.

I'm still going to reserve judgement on the looks of it until I see it in the flesh.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
And before you know it, VW will announce the R model and then everyone will go on about how "it's not worth the extra money", "not as powerful as an EVO/STI", etc.

I'm still going to reserve judgement on the looks of it until I see it in the flesh.

Won't care at all if they can actually get it to 2650 lbs like Autoblog's rumor. Can you imagine that weight even on the mk6 GTI?! I'm not hopeful, fwiw...

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
ugly as fuck. oh yea and JJ go fuck yourself.

BOOM POKED THAT MOTHERFUCKER

krische

vdubber in training
Won't care at all if they can actually get it to 2650 lbs like Autoblog's rumor. Can you imagine that weight even on the mk6 GTI?! I'm not hopeful, fwiw...

I don't want to derail this thread, but that rumor is so very false. When has the R version ever been lighter than the GTI version. I mean the rumored weight is less than a GT86/BRZ/FR-S, not gonna happen in an AWD hatchback.

shmuelyosef

hmmm, my APR Stage 1 gets 250HP.

I also wish they would stop putting circus wheels on these cars. I replaced my 18" Detroits with some 17" Enkei Fujins and Conti Extremes after the Pirelli NeroZeros (more circus) developed serious blisters. Looks better, lost 20lbs per corner and rides/handles better.

I'm keeping my MkVI...they were good saxophones and they are good hot rods.

^ Be that as it may, I enjoy reading these threads to see what other people notice. Like the wings on the spoiler to trunk, little spokes in the rims (which look like 19 in the picture) and the shiny interior plastic, but it always gives me more to think about and look at. Keep 'em coming!