GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI MKVII Official Photos and Details (Euro Specs)

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Sweet. Not a big fan of the glossy plastic or steering wheel, but overall -- good package.

I agree, they should have stuck with the mk6 steering wheel, but overall pretty nice stuff. I'm gonna buy the mk7 R for sure. I like how the car comes with 17's, and the wheels aren't terrible, they are practically detroits.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Looks pretty good. Not sure about the little red lines in the headlights, kinda odd. They finally updated the tail lights (although I bet those are Euro only LOL).

Wheels are easy to change, overall looks pretty good. Not going to drop my '12 obviously, but I like it for the most part.

But it does seem to break from tradition. All the past GTI models could be split into pairs. The Mk2 was really just a facelift of the Mk1, very similar cars. Then the Mk3 was a vastly different (but still distinctly GTI) design. The Mk4 was then a refinment and facelift of the Mk3. The Mk5 was another complete redesign....with the Mk6 coming in as a facelift of that.

Now the Mk7 appears to be just a facelift on the Mk6.

krische

vdubber in training
I assume the 39.2 mpg is imperial? If so, that means 32.6 mpg in the US. That doesn't seem like a 18% improvement to me. Or is that average mpg and not just highway mpg?

Zach L

VR junkie
I'm sorry but that grey lacquered plastic is disgusting.

They also screwed up the wheels by adding extra thin straight spokes (could be paintable though)

The gloss grey plastic would not be my first choice, but don't touch the wheels.

The wheels wouldn't look like snowflakes fi they took away the thin spokes

rokketman

Ready to race!
no perforated leather steering wheel? that is one my favorite interior features.

Becks

Ready to race!
Overall I think VW did a good job, and it will be worth looking at in a year, or so. I prefer these rims over the flat, oversized phone dial rims. I don't mind the steering wheel. Not a fan of the Piano Black plastic (finger print magnet).

I like the shoulders of the front end, and how the hood slabs up on the sides. I'm still deciding about the pedestrian sloped front end. Colors sure are limited. Black is beautiful when clean. When clean, when clean., when clean.
I'll probably go white, and spend all the clean time surfing..lol

rokketman

Ready to race!
steering wheel is same shape, arguably better design ( I have to see and hold in person)...but the perforation seems absent whereas the '12 MK6 GTI has it.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Why did they keep the idea of electric handbrake and when will vw stop putting empty unused buttons in the car. Idk I'm becoming more n more biased and in love with my 6... Not a fan of the black sides coming off the spoiler to the trunk

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. That looks like a dirt trap if I've ever seen one.

A lot of people have missed it I picked it up a couple weeks back looking into if any special editions will be coming out and saw it its gonna be dirt trap central back that especially when the wiper throws it all in there..plus the little window on the front by mirror I don't like reminds me of the civics and that always created a thick a pillar and blind spot

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Guess this means we are not getting the performance pack...? If this is true...WTF!!! Getting tired of getting the shaft by VW...no ED35 and now this...great.

Steering wheel belongs in a beetle.

Black wings coming off the rear glass are a cool aero trick pulled off the Ring 24 hour MK6 race car, cuts down on drag and rear lift...functional, I like them.

Hope the next US bound R gets a DSG or I'm off to BMW land :(