GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I had to cross post this so I get get more eyes on it and feedback.

This guy in a Focus was on RE71RS. He was running 57psi hot. I told him that's waaaaaaay too high, but he insisted that since they were 19's, it was fine, since below that they rollover. This was full coilover,camber, etc.

He did soon out into the grass to after his car started passing wife on throttle and he's let off and it spun. Not sure if related.

After I insisted they were too high, he lowered them 3psi
That's insane, dude doesn't know what he's doing.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
1683910964357.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Or he has a fucked up tire gauge
I mean. Wouldn't 57psi cause you concern or at least say, yeah my gauge reads 20psi more

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
you'd think the letters on the side of the tire that say "max pressure: 50 psi" would be a bit of a clue.
To be fair, that's 50 PSI cold.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Accelera 651 Sport bo-bo/off-brand/Indonesium specials update. 255/40/17 on 17x9 wheels. Cold pressures 28-29 to get hot numbers around 35. I continue to have fun on these as I learn/progress. At this point I'm at 7 days/24 sessions/~9 hours plus an additional few K miles (best guess?) on the street - they are about 6-7/32". I have ~-2 camber up front but otherwise a street/OE alignment w/r to toe. They wear well if you drive them within their comfort zone which is slow as many online will attest to ahhaahah. These are not a TT tire but I'd recommend these to anyone wanting to try track driving and not having to spend a lot for tires - they are basically a super-durable summer tire that can handle heat better vs. a super sticky 200 track tire is my take which makes sense as they are drift tires. Several reviewers out there have the same comments...more like a 300tw tire. I think many of the negative reviews are folks trying to save money and be fast which of course you can't have both with tires and it goes back to what I said above "drive them within their comfort zone which is slow" and they will work great. Rain seems fine with 3 main ribs vs. 2 like most 200s. These are now $427 from tirestreets.com for 4 of this size delivered with the typical 15% codes you can find floating around which is crazy. I'm going to put these on a set of wheels for my oldest son to do some track days. I'll likely try something more aggressive for my next set to continue progressing but honestly, I have a ton of fun on these...makes me wonder what the 100tw "XTRA" version is like...

20230609_115201.jpg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm giving these a whirl.
20230921_110226.jpg