GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Because of the line separation thing, I went ahead and had the RT660s heat cycled. I'll let you know if I start to see the separation line.

Edit: it didn't help

Last edited:

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Because of the line separation thing, I went ahead and had the RT660s heat cycled. I'll let you know if I start to see the separation line.

I had the tire guy I use come out and flip my tires to help with even wear. He said he's never seen that split show up before on the RT660's, and he's the go-to in the Reno area for all the racers for the most part. I told him I could hop online in this forum alone and show multiple pictures of the similar issue. He said he'd do some looking into it.

Mine haven't deteriorated at all past my initial pictures, and I'll keep running them until they do.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I had the tire guy I use come out and flip my tires to help with even wear. He said he's never seen that split show up before on the RT660's, and he's the go-to in the Reno area for all the racers for the most part. I told him I could hop online in this forum alone and show multiple pictures of the similar issue. He said he'd do some looking into it.

Mine haven't deteriorated at all past my initial pictures, and I'll keep running them until they do.
Everyone in my area are getting it too. I bit the bullet and had them heat cycled to see if that prevents it.

Anyway, I don't remember seeing reports of this issue the first year they were available. I wonder if it's a screw up in the second year of production?

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I run the A052's for autocross, and they are phenomenal. I will be at road america this weekend to test them on track for the first time. Anyone have any advice for pressures or alignment?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I got the separation line. Heat cycling didn't help.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I run the A052's for autocross, and they are phenomenal. I will be at road america this weekend to test them on track for the first time. Anyone have any advice for pressures or alignment?
As much negative camber as you can get up front and 40 psi hot, or higher.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just wanted to chime in with my experience using the Accelera 651 Sport 200tw tires. These are on my Sportwagen and I am running the 255/40/17 size on 17x9 Apex wheels. I run a 5mm spacer in the rear b/c they were touching/close to touching my shock boots. I have no rubbing otherwise front or rear. The 255s run a bit narrower than other brands....more like a 245 I believe in the Falkens.

Here's my take after a 2-day HPDE with these on my Sportwagen. So to have any meaning a review has to give a bit about the reviewer's experience use and car etc. I have 5 track days total now all at VIR. I am 50 so lots of general driving experience. I have only just in the last year had a set of summer tires on the street. Previous track days were on UHP all seasons so this is the first time on 200s. Car is awd, about 350 hp, and weighs about 3550 with me in it. Suspension has -2 camber. I had fun on these...a lot of fun! Grip was consistent for the whole run aiming for 34-35 hot pressure so starting out around 28-29 (this was based on feedback from other users). Lots of noise on the street vs. summers/all seasons. Lots of squealing on the track. They felt very predictable and were easy to figure out. $535 delivered (www.tirestreets.com and find one of the 15% discount codes floating around) and I got 100% of that money out of them in smiles over those two days. They look good after that (to me). Fronts landed at 7/32" and rears at 8/32" with even wear across. My instructor thought they were great. These get mixed reviews online and many say they are crappy but for a more beginner/lower intermediate driver like me, they were fantastic. I'm quite sure I would say the same running other more popular tires like the Falken 660s etc. These are not TT tires or for max speed, they are lapping tires as far as I'm concerned and did that well lap after lap.

302148740_10158783232511723_7256846063859713987_n.jpg
314943819_10158891555736723_5685142905947566574_n.jpg
315040334_10158888979476723_3338356400048605557_n.jpg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just wanted to chime in with my experience using the Accelera 651 Sport 200tw tires. These are on my Sportwagen and I am running the 255/40/17 size on 17x9 Apex wheels. I run a 5mm spacer in the rear b/c they were touching/close to touching my shock boots. I have no rubbing otherwise front or rear. The 255s run a bit narrower than other brands....more like a 245 I believe in the Falkens.

Here's my take after a 2-day HPDE with these on my Sportwagen. So to have any meaning a review has to give a bit about the reviewer's experience use and car etc. I have 5 track days total now all at VIR. I am 50 so lots of general driving experience. I have only just in the last year had a set of summer tires on the street. Previous track days were on UHP all seasons so this is the first time on 200s. Car is awd, about 350 hp, and weighs about 3550 with me in it. Suspension has -2 camber. I had fun on these...a lot of fun! Grip was consistent for the whole run aiming for 34-35 hot pressure so starting out around 28-29 (this was based on feedback from other users). Lots of noise on the street vs. summers/all seasons. Lots of squealing on the track. They felt very predictable and were easy to figure out. $535 delivered (www.tirestreets.com and find one of the 15% discount codes floating around) and I got 100% of that money out of them in smiles over those two days. They look good after that (to me). Fronts landed at 7/32" and rears at 8/32" with even wear across. My instructor thought they were great. These get mixed reviews online and many say they are crappy but for a more beginner/lower intermediate driver like me, they were fantastic. I'm quite sure I would say the same running other more popular tires like the Falken 660s etc. These are not TT tires or for max speed, they are lapping tires as far as I'm concerned and did that well lap after lap.

View attachment 266200View attachment 266201View attachment 266202
For that price, that's a great lapping tire.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
For that price, that's a great lapping tire.
Yep - if you are a TT/fastest lap person no this isn't for you. They do make a 100tw version for that and not sure how it compares to other popular TT-type 200s but hell, for $535 and if they last 3-4 events I'd be happy as a clam.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand why so many forum members are getting these Falken tires when they seem like shitty tires that are having issues. Are they cheap and that's why people are getting them?

I have used the 660's for a couple of years after trying PS4, Cup 2, RE71, and Falken 615's. (I don't swap tires so do not use R compounds) They are the best tire I've used on track. For me, they hold the heat with consistent excellent grip over the course of a day better than any of the others. They used to be a LOT cheaper than the others. The past year, not so much, so I buy them purely based on best performance.

They have a bit less feedback than the Cup2's, especially at turn in, and are less noisy at the limit so you need to trust your feedback from hands and butt a bit more than your ears, but I got used to that day 1.

I have not experienced the separation line, but from everyone I know that has, they noticed minimum to no degradation in performance.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't understand why so many forum members are getting these Falken tires when they seem like shitty tires that are having issues. Are they cheap and that's why people are getting them?
Because they are within a pubic hair of the A052 laptime wise, cost less, last longer, require less tire pressure and camber, and work better on heavier, FWD or high hp cars, due to better heat tolerance.