GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
When I used to drive up/ down to/from Sebring from Miami I’d drive up with the 4 track tires on and a 5th identical wheel/tire set in the trunk in case of a puncture (specifically in case of a puncture on the way to and/or at the track)... I’d rotate it in every few sessions.

I did have to use that fifth wheel one time with a puncture heading back to Miami!

I still use this 5 wheel method even for the local autocross… Street tires come off the night before and saves having to transport a full set.

Last edited:
Reactions: krs

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The move for next year is figuring out a stealth hitch for a mini trailer to bring tires and a jack. A set of rain tires and/or a spare in case you bend a wheel can save a weekend.
I fit tools, jack, jack stands, rains, an ez up, 2 gallon sprayer, folding chair and cooler in my hatch. I know too many people who've had trailer stolen at hotels over night.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You can't fit a set of tires in the hatch?
I fit tools, jack, jack stands, rains, an ez up, 2 gallon sprayer, folding chair and cooler in my hatch. I know too many people who've had trailer stolen at hotels over night.
It's pretty tight with tools, chairs, coolers, tents, and fuel. Usually carrying extra for a friend with no room in his Lotus. Also bring a bunch of e85 so I don't need to worry about leaving or fuel starving later in the day.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's pretty tight with tools, chairs, coolers, tents, and fuel. Usually carrying extra for a friend with no room in his Lotus. Also bring a bunch of e85 so I don't need to worry about leaving or fuel starving later in the day.
Yeah, fuel in the car is a no go for me too.

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Just got 245/35/18 ExtremeContact Force in, very curious how they will do. I will say this, the tread is very narrow compared to other 200TW tires. Slight/minor stretch when mounted on my rims.

I measured ~220mm/~8.7" tread width, ~270mm/~10.6" section width (mounted on 18x9.5")

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Just got 245/35/18 ExtremeContact Force in, very curious how they will do. I will say this, the tread is very narrow compared to other 200TW tires. Slight/minor stretch when mounted on my rims.

I measured ~220mm/~8.7" tread width, ~270mm/~10.6" section width (mounted on 18x9.5")
Pics!

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
ecf2.jpg
ecf4.jpg
ecf5.jpg
ecf3.jpg

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Has anyone heard any feedback on the ADVAN AD09? Curious how they compare the A052

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Update to this…
Just taking off the 660’s from their second day of autocross use.

Wearing nice and even for the most part. I have a set of 5 wheels and 660s. One is a spare which gets rotated in per event.

Four of the five wearing superbly.
View attachment 256244

Found what might be the horizontal gash beginning to emerge on the fifth. Or maybe we just ran over a bit of debris on the course. Either way, gonna keep my eye on it.

View attachment 256243

Overall these tires are just incredible. I started years ago with ZI and ZII Star Specs, S-02’s, etc. Fast forward to RT615K more recently. Now the 660’s outshine them all (as they should, since development of tires has come a long way over the past couple decades!). These 660’s have great turn in, Overal Grip and predictable break away. They just take what you throw at them in stride. Makes it easy for one to concentrate on the technical aspects of the course instead of having tires that quit on you while you’re trying to perfect your skills!

Just took off the RT660 set after last weekend‘a track day. Horizontal line update;
On passenger, front;

3C1E9339-6D6B-441F-86BA-6973DD61AC22.jpeg

On driver’s, rear.
3FBC8ED9-456A-4EEA-88F7-A9F9492BDF15.jpeg

Gashes are there. It is what it is. Tires are phenomenal otherwise.
Great wear for having run 2 Autocross events and an entire Track Day.

Last edited:

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Just had a track day with SCCA at Autobahn north (Joliet IL) on rs4's. Ran a 1.09, got owned by gt3's. Fun day overall
GT3s will do that! Last weekend I did 2 days at Mid-O with a Porsche Club. So many 992 GT3s and GT3 RSs. Even one GT2 RS. I was doing about 120 on the back straight and it passed me like I was standing still. I guess that's what 720hp gets you. It was so friggin cool. But the MK7 on R-S4s surprised a lot of people. Got lots of people walking by the paddock asking why they can't pull on the GTI when they have 150-200 more hp. :cool:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In Floriderp, I don't see a lot of GT3's, but I had track prepped and modded ZL1s and GT500s passing me like I was going backwards and at Daytona and Sebring. I'm hitting almost 150 mph and they are blasting by. It's humbling.