GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Just saw these new Kuhmo 200TWs. They look like a 200TW Nitto NT01. Cheap too. Interested to see initial reviews.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....R7V730XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

389E2218-7CBA-4B6E-9C75-099F327B918F.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nanking CR-1 looks interesting too.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Has anyone heard any more news on RS4 ship dates (or even if its going to happen)?
I'm getting my R set up for this season (B16s/Superpro LCAs & Camber Mounts going on here in next month) and was planning to take the winter wheel set I got from the previous owner (Enkei TX5s 17x8 45mm offset) and run 245/40s, which from what I can gather will fit just fine on my R. I'd like to run the RS4s if i can get them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Has anyone heard any more news on RS4 ship dates (or even if its going to happen)?
I'm getting my R set up for this season (B16s/Superpro LCAs & Camber Mounts going on here in next month) and was planning to take the winter wheel set I got from the previous owner (Enkei TX5s 17x8 45mm offset) and run 245/40s, which from what I can gather will fit just fine on my R. I'd like to run the RS4s if i can get them.
Heard rumors of March, but take that with a grain of salt.

I'm looking at SUR4G for track if RS4s end up being a no show.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Heard rumors of March, but take that with a grain of salt.

I'm looking at SUR4G for track if RS4s end up being a no show.
Thanks man! Never even heard of Nexan but I do like the price on the 245/40/17 on TireRack @ ~$157 a pop

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks man! Never even heard of Nexan but I do like the price on the 245/40/17 on TireRack @ ~$157 a pop

A few years ago I tried the SUR4G on an STR car for autocross. Came to the conclusion they'd be a better track tire. Need a little heat in them, wear well, slower than pointy end autocross tires.

And from what I understand, they do well in the rain.

Reactions: MSH

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
I thought I'd update that with about 40 laps at Laguna Seca (with 35 of them being hot laps), my brand new A052's are at about 50% tread life with the front outside treads no longer visible.

At lap 6ish, I get significant amount of understeer braking into turn 2 and I end up running wide with the same braking point.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I thought I'd update that with about 40 laps at Laguna Seca (with 35 of them being hot laps), my brand new A052's are at about 50% tread life with the front outside treads no longer visible.

At lap 6ish, I get significant amount of understeer braking into turn 2 and I end up running wide with the same braking point.
How much camber on your setup? Inflation? Temps?

bfury5

Autocross Champion

Careful with that outside tread, the shoulder is very thin. If the tread is already gone, it won't be long before the outside edge is corded.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A052 and RT660 need more neg camber than the other front runner 200tw tires.