GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200TW HPDE tire selections (with one condition)

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Anyone tried the new Kumho V730 yet? Looks like a decent buy, but no real reviews out there. Currently debating between them and the RT660.
I've seen one set on track. Like most other 200tw they were wearing down pretty quick once hot. Apparently they're sketchy in the wet... That was just one guy's opinion though.

Anyone buying 200tw for track use today, I would highly consider the new continental/Hoosier 200tw. That's designed to be an endurance and track tire, and in theory should grip like a 200tw when hot but not wear away twice as fast as a slick like others...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Anyone tried the new Kumho V730 yet? Looks like a decent buy, but no real reviews out there. Currently debating between them and the RT660.
Very close to getting those but then the RE71R went on sale.

Only review I could find was they are V720, but without the problem of delamination. Similar to the Viper OE V720.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Reporting back after one event on the Nexens. I'd say they're a solid 7/10 on the track. However, they are absurdly loud on the street. My 4 year old snow tires are quieter. I don't generally care about road noise, but they're not so much better/cheaper than other options that I think it's worth dealing with.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
The new Continental ExtremeContact Force doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere yet, and I need tires ASAP. Definitely want to avoid a sketchy wet tire since these are going on my daily haha. Right now it sounds like the RT615K+ or RT660 are the best options.
Depends on goals but I loved my yoko a052. Yes they wear fast, but I'm also fast and push them... Not trying to toot my own horn, but on the yoko I can keep up with the big boys pretty well, and that comes with the life price. I burned up the dz 3 and re71 in not too much longer than the yoko. If you're swapping tires, a 100tw might last you longer than a 200tw. If it's all street, then I'd stick with the 200 or go to a good 300 like the ps4s. Most 200tw are loud, stiff, not great in the wet, and will sandblast your paint on the daily.

You get what you pay for though, and the 400$ tires will never be equivalent to the 800$ tires.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I've seen one set on track. Like most other 200tw they were wearing down pretty quick once hot. Apparently they're sketchy in the wet... That was just one guy's opinion though.

Anyone buying 200tw for track use today, I would highly consider the new continental/Hoosier 200tw. That's designed to be an endurance and track tire, and in theory should grip like a 200tw when hot but not wear away twice as fast as a slick like others...
Those Conti's aren't even on sale yet. They don't become available till sometime next month.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The new Continental ExtremeContact Force doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere yet, and I need tires ASAP. Definitely want to avoid a sketchy wet tire since these are going on my daily haha. Right now it sounds like the RT615K+ or RT660 are the best options.
I used my set of RT615K for one track day (my last with this car) and am now using them for daily driving. They perform surprisingly well in the rain- much better than expected (I wasn’t expecting any wet traction/grip from them to be honest).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I DD'd the original 615's on my STI. They were fine on the street.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I put ~15k on NT-05s and got caught in a few downpours. I'm still here, wasn't even sketchy. Not the right tool for the job but they work.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So I have 2 screws in my RS4. Not losing air, but don't want to take them out in case they're sealing the leak.

Problem is I can't find a 255/35r18 anywhere.

Anyone have any luck or know any place that has them.

Local shop has 265, but don't want to swap them all out. They're still in good shape

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So I have 2 screws in my RS4. Not losing air, but don't want to take them out in case they're sealing the leak.

Problem is I can't find a 255/35r18 anywhere.

Anyone have any luck or know any place that has them.

Local shop has 265, but don't want to swap them all out. They're still in good shape
Why not just take the tire to a shop so that they can remove the screws and plug up your tire?