GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 coats of turtle wax hybrid ceramic on the GTI and GLI. 24 hours in between coats

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
83078FE8-2297-458A-B4C9-261F29642041.jpeg
4CB61BFF-F056-40C1-927F-859A82491E94.jpeg
E391FE56-6F67-497F-8B70-82AF218DF65C.jpeg
73C45608-6B69-443D-82F9-BA816C8AC295.jpeg
BE40BB3A-9AC6-40DB-B862-20B5CE9BDDA2.jpeg
1F061B6C-2C4F-4122-B5AF-A7023A66A6B5.jpeg

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
They look great... Let us know they do with water spots. My tornado red looked the shiniest with the turtle wax hybrid ceramic.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Nice work!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
They look great... Let us know they do with water spots. My tornado red looked the shiniest with the turtle wax hybrid ceramic.
Not great. I’ve used this product since it was released. It doesn’t take well to water spots. It will immediately stain/etch. But you can wipe the spot with a damp microfiber and then dry the spot with a microfiber and the spot will disappear.

luckily in the winter time and because it’s garaged. I can just hit it with a leaf blower and it’ll slide off LOL

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Not great. I’ve used this product since it was released. It doesn’t take well to water spots. It will immediately stain/etch. But you can wipe the spot with a damp microfiber and then dry the spot with a microfiber and the spot will disappear.

luckily in the winter time and because it’s garaged. I can just hit it with a leaf blower and it’ll slide off LOL
Yes, I switched to the TW Seal and Shine and no spots/etching..yet. But its not as glossy/shiny as the Hyrid Ceramic.

It baffles me that the Hybrid Ceramic resist chemicals and last a long time but water with minerals can eat right through it. Ive never had such water spot problems on any car I owned..im thinking its the red and VW paint also. My white 8 year old chevy had no
water spots or swirls in its clear coat. Lots of chips though.

Just tried the 303 Graphene on my sons black ford...(after getting a ton of spots with the TW Hybrid ceramic ..but luckily little etching). Full polish down first. Will report back how it does.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yes, I switched to the TW Seal and Shine and no spots/etching..yet. But its not as glossy/shiny as the Hyrid Ceramic.

It baffles me that the Hybrid Ceramic resist chemicals and last a long time but water with minerals can eat right through it. Ive never had such water spot problems on any car I owned..im thinking its the red and VW paint also. My white 8 year old chevy had no

Just tried the 303 Graphene on my sons black ford...(after getting a ton of spots with the TW Hybrid ceramic ..but luckily little etching). Full polish down first. Will report back how it does.
i think its the si02 in the ceramic tw. it will resist the water but will etch its finish.

the 303 is solid, my neighbor uses it. no water spot issues at all

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Turtle Wax is dropping their own Graphene on Dec 5, so that should take their polishes up a notch. Excited to see them when they come out.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Turtle Wax is dropping their own Graphene on Dec 5, so that should take their polishes up a notch. Excited to see them when they come out.
Wow really? Any links, info or reading materials? That’s crazy considering how good their range is atm. What with seal and shine and hybrid ceramic clearly kicking ass

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

I dont get spots on my tornado red GTI with Seal and Shine. Never tried the hybrid and sounds like i shouldn't waste my time.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I dont get spots on my tornado red GTI with Seal and Shine. Never tried the hybrid and sounds like i shouldn't waste my time.
I will say this since I’ve used both products

hybrid ceramic shines slightly more, reflects a good bit more and is a bit warmer too vs seal and shine

but seal and shine doesn’t have a water spot issue. Folks say it does. But I never ever noticed that with seal and shine. It was also reformulated too, I haven’t tried the newest seal and shine.

they also both last about the same about of time. Though hybrid ceramic remains a bit more hydrophobic longer than seal and shine before it goes flat. Regardless I can get a solid 6 months of protection out of either