GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st. service price.

bertj

Ready to race!
I've just been quoted £191.80 for the first service on a 2.0tdi DSG Golf estate by the local VW dealer. This seems a lot to me for basically an oil and filter change. I'm not keen on using a VW dealer but it would probably reduce the hassle in the event of a warranty claim in the next two years. BTW, most people know that there's no service book provided these days.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Is that for a car on the flexible / long life service regime or time and distance regime?

I bought a service plan for my current car. For cars under one year old that haven’t had their first service, the cost is £296.82 and covers the first two services; one minor and one major service. Under VW service plans, the car needs to be on the time and distance service regime, so service intervals are the sooner of 10k miles or 12 months. The cost can be spread over 18 monthly payments.

Yes, I was aware that VW service records had moved to online digital records, so no physical service book, although some forum members on other forums have bought a service book and then got their dealer to stamp it at each service. I’m assuming that even with no service book, the dealer still provides an invoice of the work carried out, and the invoices can be kept in a folder as proof of servicing for future prospective buyers of the car. The VW dealer should also print out a paper copy of the digital record if the owner requests it.

bertj

Ready to race!
It's on time/distance service but about 18 months old because I've now found out the service indicator was reset by the dealer when we bought it at 6 months old. Apparently the car wasn't initially serviced but 'checked over' when we got the car. Don't you just love VW car dealers?!!