GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1rst attempt at HDR

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
23 years photography under my belt and tonight i was pretty excited to give this a go, this is a 3 shot blend with photomatix - What do you guys think? 3 second exposure with no flash, 4 second exposure with properly exposed flash and a 5 second overexposure with flash - I drove down the Vegas strip tripod braced in the back seat with my 10.5mm fisheye on my D2X.
All comments welcome.

GOLfAh

V/ IsLaNd bOi V/
Nice sonnn! You reside on Las Vegas as well. Shoulda been there at the last meet we had at the new Town Center!! Maybe we should do another meet and you could take pics of all of us MK5ers. Looking foward to that dude...

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
that looks wicked :drool:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
That looks great. 23 years though? You don't look old enough to have been a photographer for 23 years...you including your Polaroid shots you took with your moms camera when you were 6?<---that's a compliment in a round about way.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
cool shot.. but i agree.. maybe HDR wasnt the way to go... now if you could park that beast on the strip and take a bunch of nice shots and turn them into an HDR that would look awesome...

OT: how do you like living in Vegas? I know my wife and I loved our visit and talk about going back all the time, but I assume its probably a lot like living in miami: visitors love it, but it gets old to locals pretty quickly...

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
cool shot.. but i agree.. maybe HDR wasnt the way to go... now if you could park that beast on the strip and take a bunch of nice shots and turn them into an HDR that would look awesome...

Agreed....and do some creative blur and some PS work to make it look like you are moving. That would be the shizzzz.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
OK, let me try to answer a few questions ... i am 40 years old, yea i do look young, alot of people cant believe im 40, 23 years photography since i started studying in high school ( about 15 shooting as a professional ) my website is here www.TonyScavo.com

Did someone want to see 1 of the original shots? because these are HDR blends in photomatix, like i said this is my first time trying it and there are quite a few different combinations i tried and it comes up totally different each time, as far as the motion blur ... everything outside the car is actual motion blur as the images are 4, 5 and 6 second exposures ( 4 seconds without flash underexposed, 5 seconds properly exposed with flash and 6 seconds overexposed with flash ) every photo is tripod mounted, flash was put just in front of the center console and i used a multi-max i had in my right hand to pop the flash ( which had a multi-max transciever ) during the exposure ( 2 or 3 pops to create the overexposure on the 6 second exposure ) remote cord i strung under my right arm to start each exposure ( also with my right hand ... so process went like this.
Start the 4 second exposure witht he remote cord (no flash) .. change the remote cord to 5 seconds... pop the flash in the middle of that exposure... change the remote cord to 6 seconds... pop the flash 2 or 3 times to get the overexposure ...i made several runs up and down the strip to get enough shots, then came home and started blending in photomatix. here is another blend of 3

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
And here is just ONE of the 3 frames, this is the original shot, imported into photoshop, resized, just a touch of sharpening and a pinch of levels is all i did to this one.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
To each his own...i have a ton of "regular" photos, the whole point of me going out to do this shot was i wanted to try HDR - never have before. Thanks for the input, next i will try some daylight or sunrise/sunset ones. here is even another thats further on the wild end of the scale.