GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19 GTI 2k - 3k rpm Tick

n.osborne815

This is my first post, I have a 19 GTI Rabbit, DSG, no mods, 93 octane and have had a ticking noise that started at around 5000 miles. The oil level is normal and it occurs when the engine is cold and warmed up. I checked the oil for any metal during the last oil change. It only occurs prior to shifting normally in the 2000 to 3000 rpm range, light and normal acceleration and sounds centralized in the engine bay. I experience no power loss and only hear the noise between those rpm levels, again only prior to the DSG shift. I took it the the dealer and they were able to easily replicate the noise. I was notified by the technician that he believes it is the limited slip differential causing the noise. I am skeptical of this, as i've been unable to find anyone with a similar issue. Has anyone has heard of the limited slip causing a ticking noise during the described conditions? Any help or info would be appreciated, as I am going to continue to bring it back to the dealer until it is fixed.

I can post a video if requested.